Laggy Tablet (pen stroke lag)

I just purchased a Bamboo Capture Tablet from Wacom and it works well, but there is this annoying little lag it seems to have when I draw with it. I work with Gimp and I use it to ink and color my web-comics, but this lag is making the inking process painful to do...not to mention the extra time it's taking! I tried a tip when I goggled the problem...I disabled the Tablet and PC components in my control panel...this helped a little, but the problem still exists. I have also set my cursor to a lower speed...this seemed to have little effect.

What the lag is: I touch my pen to the tablet and drag it to draw, but it hangs in one spot for a moment while my hand moves...then it zips over to the current position of my hand, often leaving an unwanted strait line on my image.

Is there a way to fix this? I've never had a tablet do this before and it's getting to be a frustrating problem =(
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do you have anyother programs open? I find that when I do have too many programs open my Bamboo Fun Wacom Tablet goes all laggy.
That's what I was thinking, but I closed out everything and even restarted my computer. I even tried the tablet on my sister's computer, but it did the same thing :/

I unfortunately had to take the bamboo back because I later found out that this tablet can be jumpy with certain programs (the programs I use most often) The tablet I have now tracks my movements really well ^^
Oh well, at least your new one works! :) Your old tablet must have had a programing problem or something of such.
I know when I use my tablet, I keep it ontop of my laptop and it presses a command key that does that exact thing. It's probably that, but if nothing is on the keyboard than it definately isn't.

Is there something on the keyboard that might be pressing the command key?
No, I keep my keyboard on a small shelf in front of my computer...my tablet sits under it.

When I use my laptop, I hold my tablet like a notepad and keep the computer on a table or desk in front of me. I hardly touch my keys...I have an on screen keyboard that I use ^^
OH that's.... A msart idea actually.
((Agh! I have that too! I don't use GIMP for drawing because of it. I usually use Paint Tool SAI or PSE now. Sorry, I don't know how to fix it...))
D: I hope I fix it soon :/ I'll let you know how to do it if I fix mine =(
((I could always give you SAI ;u; ))
I have Sai...I'm still learning it LOL ^^
((I figured it out within minutes. owo Well... we all learn at our own pace. ^^))
i really don't know
it could be the setting or the program or the tablet
That's what I thought :/ I'll just have to do some digging I guess XD
Theres a setting for it called flicks, i think. you need to turn that off.
mine didn't say flicks so i messed with the settings an it was fine. sometimes you need to restart your computer too.
Oh ok. Where would I find the settings for that? (Sorry if it's a dumb question XD I've never had to dig into a tablet's settings before)
Do you have something called a bamboo dock? it installs with the tablet, i think. its in there, or you can search it in the little start menu box.
Ok I took the flicks off, but it still lags a bit :/ Is there another setting I could try?
im not quite sure, i just messed around with all the settings until it worked!! sorry!! :s
It's ok! ^^ Thanks for your help!