Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Off-brand Cintiq alternatives?

:iconminakichan:
Minakichan Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hey all! It's the holiday season, which is always my annual two month period to dream about Cintiqs. Like most people, I've sort of been indoctrinated that Wacom is the only way to go, but I realized that I haven't actually done the research to justify this conclusion.

I'm thinking of upgrading my well-loved Wacom Intuos 3 to a shiny new Cintiq-- or rather, a Cintiq-like off-brand monitor x graphics tablet. Has anyone used one before that they can recommend? I'd really be okay with something comparable to an older Cintiq model, as long as it's fairly big and does almost as good a job as my lovely Intuos 3.

Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhmontes:
HMontes Nov 21, 2012  Professional General Artist
Some have mentioned the Kingtee Bosto. [link]

There are several reviews on YouTube about this one which are positive. Just search for them. I'm interested in it myself.
:icongreentofu:
greentofu Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Haven't used a cintiq OR a cintiq alternative ( well apart from the Ipad , if you can call it a cintiq alternative ... )

But Hanvon makes 12 inch Screen tablet hybrid which is pretty cheap ( I think it goes up to 699$ retail )

and then there is the Yiynova 19 inch Screen tablet hybrid ( which i heard is way cheaper than the cintiqs ... unfortunately I don't know the retail price ).

These links will help you get an idea about the two tablets : [link]

[link]

I personally am thinking of getting a Cintiq 22HD ( it's only 1700€ here ) because of my job which requires me to ink several pages a day. And I just need to save up for 2 months and I can. But the Hanvon is something I might concider as well. But I'll need to try it.
:iconminakichan:
Minakichan Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Very cool! I don't need it for work, so that price is a little harder for me to justify. These look pretty usable!
:icongreentofu:
greentofu Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Since I need it only for lineart and inking ( cause when I paint digitally , I like NOT to see my hand ... so my Intuos 5 is enough for that ) I might go with a smaller version than the Cintiq 22HD that I was planning to buy. The hanvon seems to be very interesting. It'll be that or the 12wx , even though that cintiq is almost 6 years old.
Add a Comment: