Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Has anyone used a Monoprice tablet?

:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Hello, all! Lately, I've been hearing some good things about Monoprice tablets, but I would really love to hear from people who have experience working with them. I've got an old Wacom Graphire tablet, and I'd like to get something new, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. a 10x6.5 Monoprice is cheap, and it's got better resolution than the Wacom Bamboo tablets (same number of pressure levels and all otherwise), and you get more surface area for your money. So, could anyone tell me a little more about these?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconimperf3ction:
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Yeah absolutely, unless your parents enrich you with their richest, get a monoprice, I still even haven't changed the battery and the great thing about monoprice tablets you're not changing your nibs compared to how many times you gotta change a wacom one, I still haven't even changed my nib on it, only thing I wish was the pen isn't based on a battery life and if it had an eraser option from the back but I am used to macroing by now. Also the wheel on the pen is on a weird spot but for the investment off 40-60 $, you're getting a great deal in my opinion.
Anytime :)
:iconimperf3ction:
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Been using mine for 8 months, its worth the cheap investment but it depends on your use. Wacom recently came out with the 2048 pressure sens and cliq have been the closest thing to drawing on paper. I figured monoprice would be fine for first time users or college students who are broke. I enjoy it, it has helped me immensely but I cant really compare how its my only tablet
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Well, the reason I'm considering Monoprice is because the Wacom ones are so much more expensive. Honestly, having the higher number of pressure levels isn't really a concern for me because I'm used to running an old Wacom with only the 1024 pressure levels, anyways. I'm sure having more is nice, but ultimately, I can't say I've ever been dissatisfied with 1024. :)

Thank you!
Add a Comment: