Closed to new replies
November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 19

Which will work with windows 7

:iconhellsong-diabla:
Hellsong-Diabla Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Hello! I recently upgraded my computer and OS to windows 7 (Home Premium-64 bit). My computer is a Dell XPS 8500 with i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, and 16.0 gb of ram.

I'm used to doing some digital artwork on my computer, which I had XP. Now my intuos3, painter x and photoshop cs2 won't work (my tablet doesn't work 100%, there is no pressure sensitivity). I'm wondering which version of each of these hardware/software would work with my computer as well as windows 7.

I'm truly tired of searching online and would love to reach my answers here

Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontseng-akera:
Tseng-Akera Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
With 64 bit when you install the programs you have to install them into the 64 bit programs folder instead of the normal programs folder. The normal folder honestly i have no idea why they have two folders other than for if you go from the 32 bit 7 to the 64. I had Photoshop cs on a 7 system and it ran fine you just have to get them installed into the right folder.

For drivers especially for your tablet go to [link] and go under their download section and find the drivers for your tablet, they should automatically install into the correct place. Make sure also that everything you run is set to run as "administrator" which you can do by right clicking on the program either on your desktop or in the start menu. That was something they introduced in Vista and kept in 7.
:iconinfermium1:
infermium1 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you need to know if you are running the 64 bit version of the OS and your programs. reinstalling them in 64 bit mode will likely fix them. welcome to the driver hunt, the worst part of computer repair.
Yeah it's 64 bit
indeed, sounds like fun lol

might just say screw it and buy another tablet. I'm not fond of downloading stuff.
infermium1 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
eh, dells are funny, did you install the usb drivers from the driver installation disk?
Hellsong-Diabla Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
I'm not sure, my mom deals with computers all day, mostly all dells, so i'm guessing she did.
probably will have to ask her, i'm not sure. Why?

everything i plug into the usb works fine.
infermium1 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i was just asking because without installing the drivers from those disks dells can be really wonky. sounds like it's just your tablet drivers though. the wacom website will let you download them again.
Hellsong-Diabla Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
it works, i actually installed it. My mom took my old stuff and transferred it to my new computer, i kinda figured it was on there, it wasn't .

it works, pressure sensitivity and all but the short cuts don't work... might download the drivers for that.
infermium1 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
you mean like the buttons you have to configure in the software thing? i always set mine up to have a quick undo. for some reason my tablet wheel now works backwards, so clockwise and counterclockwise are reversed. never have figured out how to fix that.
:iconsmashingtheopponent:
SmashingTheOpponent Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
For the tablet issues, if it's a wacom, there is a website for it that will give you updates, get the windows 7 updates.

I have a CS3 photoshop I can give you if you have any way of sharing files.

That's all that I can do to help.
do you know the website? cause it would be nice to be able to use my old tablet instead of buying a downgraded bamboo... well might not be downgraded, but i just want what i already have lol.

idk, i'll see what my friend is doing first, then if something changes i'll let you know, thanks!

better then nothing at all :)
Add a Comment: