Details

Closed to new replies
November 15, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Tablet Pen Nib issues- help please!

:iconredmoon-photography:
After trying for quite a while to get my tablet pen's nib out to replace it, I have failed. Spectacularly.

I found an old thread on here about it and all it said was to pull with the tongs (I have an Aiptek 600U by the way). Believe me, I've been pulling. Now I'm scared I'm breaking it. The nib is mangled from the tongs and it's still in the pen.

Please help!

Beth

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredmoon-photography:
Thanks for all your responses, in the end I had to fork out for a new pen nib :( Still can't get the nib out of the old pen though!
:iconunhealthy-addictions:
just take a pic of that nib and post it here but I wouldn't shave the pencil or do Anything violent. Worst case scenario all wacom pen can be disassembled but I Would take needle nose locking pliers with grip ... the smallest I could find. I find the best thing is still that little gripping ring that comes with wacom tablets... you can order one it will work with aiptek too . If it's becAUse you dont have enough nib out to get a grip with plyers then use a needle to pry the tip out a little more so you can grip it. I just browsed a bit and it seems the company really suck at customer care... you are not the only one having trouble with it. So when you got the thing it came with spare nibs plyers and nothing in the instructions mention the procedure?
:iconb-gata:
I don't know how to help if the nib is showing but you can't pull it out. But if it ends up so you don't have enough of the nib to grasp at, you could cut down the sides of the pen with an exacto knife until more of the nib is reachable. That's what I did to my wacom pen, which was fine since I was just shaving off unneeded plastic.
:icontigerallied:
tigerallied Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
don't know if this will help - but this is how to replace a nib on a wacom tablet, dont think is different on the Aiptek

[link] (youtube link)

if its too mangled from the tongs your kinda in a bad spot and really don't know what you can do to remove it.

someone else from DA had same issue with the pen here

[link]
Add a Comment: