Which of these 3 tablets should I buy?

Someone stole my tablet XD. And I need a new one, then, but I'm not sure which one to buy of these 3:

Intuos 4 - Small (This is the one I got stealed)
Intuos 5 - Small
Yiynova MSP19U

I'm not sure because:
Intuos 4 is the one I had, I loved to work with it.
Intuos 5 is newer, but not sure about the touch feature after reading some reviews.
Yiynova, because is the closest I can be of a Cintiq, although seeing it has a crystal surface bothers me a bit, but dunno if its worth trying.
Any recommendations?
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Buy Intuos 5 i like this one, its feature is more advanced and nice.
Thanks! I buyed a 5 ^_^
I own an intuos5 small, previously had an intuos4 medium.

I received the intuos5 as a birthday present for it to be my traveling tablet.
Due to the space of my work area I sold the Intuos4 and have been using the Intuos5 for the past 2 months.

I find it more than appropriate for my needs.
I rest it on my laptop (Alienware M11X) keyboard and have customised the buttons for each program.

The Intuos5 has 6 buttons, with the addition of the scroll wheel.
For example, in Photoshop; I have the buttons programmed as:

B (Brush)
E (Eraser)
Ctrl + Alt + Z (Undo)
Ctrl (selecting stuff)
Shift (selecting stuff/straight line)
Spacebar (moving around the screen)

For the scroll wheel I have it programmed as:
Brush size
Zoom in/Zoom out

I have disabled the other two functions on the scroll wheel, it just skips them; thus only moving between brush size and zooming.

The touch feature can be turned off, I personally hate it and find it useless for my needs.

The only issue I have found to date is the wireless dongle loses reception every now and then; but I usually have it plugged in.

The work area is smaller to the Intus4 Small I believe.

A new Intuos5 Small with cost ~$300 AUD.

You can probably find it used on eBay for a cheaper price.

All the best.
Oh so you can turn off the touch thing!
hmmm but that would make it the same as an intuos 4?
:iconcuriosityplz:
Yes, but then you have the option of an Intuos5 if you wish.
An Intuos4 would be cheaper, and if you're use to it and liked it so much I don't see any fault in getting one.
IMO, if you used an Intuos4 and love it, either buy a new or used one online.
I found an Intuos5 at a reasonable price ^_^ I'll be buying that one! Many thanks so much for your feedback :iconadorableplz:
If you need help to customise the buttons/turn off touch, send me a PM and I'll make a video and post it on YouTube.
Cheers.
Thank you ^_^ mind if I watch you?
No worries. Happy to help.
I can't suggest one cause I don't like tablets :P
It's to big to use as a phone and crappy to use as a PC. And you can't exactly stick it in your pocket :XD:
Sorry amiga ;)
I'm looking more of a graphics tablet, not the i-stuff or space themed tablets XD I don't like those too, find them a bit useless
What do you want one for? Drawing?
Oh. Then I look forward to seeing some. :D
Well, I like my intuos 4, but if you got the cash you may as well upgrade. :shrug:
but the upgrade is worth it? I haz no idea @.@
OMG, stole!?? That's terrible... :(

My only experiences are with Intuos 4 and Bamboo fun... I'd say go with what you know, the other mught turn out to be a disappointment.... so my vote goes to Intuos 4. :)
Yup, I just get out of my car to buy a pizza, and when I returned, there was no more tablet u.u, I think they thought it was a laptop.
I'm mostly going with that one, but I want to hear more feedback before I buy ^^
OMG... :(
At least they didn't steal the car itself, and you're ok. Be careful... :(
And hope other people will be more helpful~ :D
haha true, they leave the radio too, and its a good one XD. Don't worry, iz careful XD.
I could be wrong as I just failed miserably at finding it on amazon, but I thought that there was a version of the intuos5 without the touch features?
Really? I didn't even heard of it. Although I buy from amazon D:
Just looked on wacoms site. They do do a pen only version, but only for the medium sized one I think. It's on amazon UK but I couldn't find it on the US version which was a bit odd. :S