Wacom Bamboo fun still good?

Hey you!
I'm looking into buying a graphics tablet and need some help! I've found a Wacom Bamboo Fun pen and touch tablet on Amazon that fits perfectly in my price range BUT I've never bought anything like this before, so... I really am just a beginner at all types of art so I'm not looking for anything too professional out of the little machine. What I need to know is if the Bamboo fun tablet is still worth the 100$ + price. The device is brand new and comes with the typical software but the model is a couple of years old. So outdated or still worth it? (I have a windows laptop with the latest OS)
THX EVRBDY!!!
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I wouldn't pay $100 for it. You can get used bamboos from wacom's own site for cheaper - and those are tablets only used in presentations and come with a guarantee.

[link]
Will chk that out, THNX!:)
IMHO, the bamboo Fun is great! Its not to professional,but is darn close (especially when you start comparing it to the newer models)
the main mechanics of it are very similar to the newer bamboo products, (all they changed was the color, shape and mouse) The newer models replaced the mouse for a track pad like surface.
as for the software issues I had my Bamboo fun from xp to win7, (I have a Create now) and it worked fine, if anything, Wacom often updates drivers for all of their products, which you can download on their site.
hope this helps a bit :D
Cool! exactly the info I needed. So how long did your device last B4 you had 2 replace it? Im a big fan of frugality and would hate 2 have 2 spend another 100+ in a couple months :)
I've had it since 2007 and it's still working to this day! the only reason I switched was because I found a "too good to pass up" deal on a bamboo create. :D
As long as you treat your gear right, they'll last a really long time!
Good to know. Yeah I've been reading a lot of online reviews saying how easily their tablets are breaking but I'm generally much more careful with my stuff than most so I'm not too worried. Thanks sooo much I owe you an electronic cookie! Just out of curiosity what digital art program do you use. I'm thinking about Manga Studio 4. It has all of the features I want and @ 100$ cheaper than most other software. Is it any good for a beginner though?