November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Best config for Ai CS5?

:icongoofy3:
goofy3 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Hi,
for now I have C2D E8400, 4GB RAM, HD4850 and two SATAII HDD's. In small projects everything is smooth, but when comes to projects with lots of pictures it just can handle it, it's terrible slow... CS5 is only 32bit, so number of cores and a lot of ram is kinda useless. I know I can upgrade to CS6, but for now I just wanna upgrade my hardware, no software. So I was thinking about i5 or Xeon, 8GB RAM and mobo on Z77 and of course SSD (maybe Samsung 830 128GB). What do you think about this, maybe some recomendation for best setup at decent price?

Cheers

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongoofy3:
goofy3 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Thanks for answers! Of course I'm using 64bit system (Win 7 HP). Also I've set settings in PS like nokari said, but Ai does'nt have that options :( So I know what to do. Buy i5, 8GB DDR3 and SSD.

Thanks!
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You also need a new motherboard
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
You will get better performance with a quad-core processor, more than 4GB of RAM, a 64-bit OS and use the 64-bit version of CS5. You can also adjust the allocation of RAM, scratch disk space, and caching in Photoshop's preferences to get better performance. The Xeon might be overkill, but wouldn't hurt either. i5 or i7 would be ideal. 8GB of RAM is also ideal and an SSD will help load time on your computer all around. But if you don't use a 64-bit OS and 64-bit version of Photoshop, you'll still only get the use of less than 4GB of RAM. Upgrading to CS6 without getting 64-bit won't improve anything. It might even be slower.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
First thing I can think of is upgrading the CPU, since it sounds like a processing thing, and a Core2Duo is pretty limiting. Xeon may be overkill though

I doubt the SSD will make Illustrator perform any faster, all it will do is load quicker. Which isn't a bad thing in its own right. Upgrading the RAM also won't help Illustrator in this case, but if your OS is 64-bit then you could definitely consider it.
Add a Comment: