what do you think (laptop choice)

:icon78257:
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Hp envy 14" laptop
8gb memory
1tb hard drive
Intel core i7 processor
[link]

After using an lenovo think pad that is now six years old which last fall the fan broke and I cant turn it on anymore due to more problems. So after more than a year of no computer or laptop I have finally saved enough to comfortably buy a new one for school and digital art. And ive been looking around a bit and I really like this one and was looking for a second opinion (or even opinions on other laptops doesn't need to be the best for graphics or media work I need portability for school right now) thank you.

I'm basically using this for school projects, typing, paint tool sai (for drawing), photoshop elements (for creating gif images, not really for drawing), and maybe corel (for drawing but not regularly)

Please and thank you for your help.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcontentwritings:
contentwritings Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I think Apple Mac is good and better for your ART works.
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Yeah but the program I use is strictly windows and I'd rather just buy a windows comp than going through trouble to have it on a mac that will become out dated that I have to pay to upgrade so that its compatible with my own devices like an itouch. My mom has a mac a few years old and I can't even charge my itouch on it and its a hassle while my old laptop which was older than her comp was able to download the new iTunes version and sync with my device.

So I have reasons I don't use apple.
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
How about another Lenovo?

The y480 should do nicely [link]
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Oh thanks ill consider this one too it looks pretty good specs wise
:iconjemgirl:
jemgirl Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I like your choice. My only issue is the small screen size. I personally wouldn't buy anything smaller than 15.5".

Would you consider a larger screen, or do you like it that size?
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Portability I need something light and thin
14 is fine for me right now
jemgirl Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Then you are good.

Why are you asking for a second choice then if you like this one so much and it fits what you want?

It sounds very top of the line so I don't think you will be able to much better than what you already have.
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I just need some second opinions so I know that what I want is worth it
also invade I missed some flaws or something
but over all sounds great and hearing these comments I feel better about buying it (which I will in a few weeks) I'm so stoked.
jemgirl Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Ok.

I'm happy for you. I just got a new phone with it's version of Window's 8. Heck that is why I got it. So I don't be so lost when I do get a new computer in who knows how long. :)

But like I said, I think your choice is a very good one. The only reason you are getting so "cheep" is because of the screen size.
78257 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
The screen size doesn't bother me I care more on the specs tbh
Add a Comment: