Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Looking for new tablet.

:iconchaoman:
chaoman Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I'm currently looking for a new drawing tablet between the range of 100-200$. I currently just got a VisTablet, but the pen doesn't like to work well, and the tablet seem to like to give me constant trouble.

I'm thinking about Bamboo, but not sure which model to get. I'm looking to draw, sketch and study digital art. Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondj078:
dj078 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Google Nexus 7 is good in your budget; otherwise if you can increase your range by $280 then i-pod touch is the best.
chaoman Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for a drawing tablet, not a computer tablet. Thanks gain though!
:iconiphonerepairs:
iphonerepairs Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I use SAI, ArtRage, and a few other programs, and my tablet works nicely with them.
chaoman Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
What tablet do you use?
:icontajmox:
TaJMoX Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
When drawing, a bigger tablet is always the best because you get the most control with a bigger surface area.
Go for Monoprice [link] they are comparable with Wacom tablets except for one difference: they cost a fraction of the price. For the price of a 4 inch Bamboo tablet, you can get the 12 inch Monoprice. And it works really well.
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
i just want to comment that all my recent illustrations of my characters were done with the galaxy tablet (with gorilla glass screen) and i have no idea why my face on the corner is sad....oh well
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Ok first off before you say anything else bamboo is the best tablet for drawing to get by far. there are others since wacom (the name of the company) didnt patent the idea. I remember 6 years ago buying a visTablet.....it worked just my dog chewed the chord........anyway you dont have to spend that much for them you can get a tablet for as little as $75 or cheaper. Here:[link] Only buy if you see wacom on it. Now the one with the red tip on the side is an older one but still works the same i realy dont see the difference. That was my first one i got the new one with the lime green strip on the side because i gave the other one to my friend for a late bday present. Each tablet does different things though. your basic wacom bamboo will daw on the screen but im hearing the wacom intuous is a little bigger tablet with pressure sensitivity. meaning the pen will change its pressure depending on how it is applied like an actual pencil. Now believe it or not there are some alternatives to the bamboo tablet like the tablet pc . i got one last year and it is awesome if you want to draw on the screen and cheaper........here is wacom's model of that [link] yes it is expensive. here is the alternative that i bought to that expensive ish [link]

now make sure you never buy anything tooo overpriced the ones under 125 are worth it anything if ey are over charging because these are computers from 2001 but are still used by many artists. Windows was actually the first to create touchscreen tablets not mac. There is no lag in them i repeat there is no LAG!!!!!!! this is important when you are new to the digital world to not buy touchscreens for drawing without proper research..The tablet pc i showed you has wacom digitizers in them not most computers or tablets of today have those. They allow you to draw efficiently but get one that doesnt and you will be pissed just go watch youtube and type names of tablets and tablet pcs for drawing and there are numerous videos of ultra piss off lag!!!!!!!

Now my tablet recently broke because my old wooden desk fell on my head (dont even ask lol0 and that tablet pc screen cracked fml. So i did some research and found very few new tablets on the market that have the wacom digitizers in them. I looked on youtube and saw people draw on the ipad 3 i repeat not the old one. but why go for that its overpriced and when you draw i heard the glass on it leaves scratch marks.........so i bought the new samsung galaxynote 10.1 and it comes with its own stylus omg i love it its my alternative for when i want to draw on the go. Here is a vid that inspired me to buy it [link]

so if ypu want simple cheap but still work good get the bamboo
what that pressure sensity stuff get the intuos
tablet pc get that le 1600 [link] (photoshop works slow on it but manga studio and paint tool sai are a beast)
Hope i helped
chaoman Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it! I've been looking into the wacom models. They all appear to be really good.
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
always welcome let me know if you have anymore questions
Add a Comment: