Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Question of Cintiq users

:iconitchcrotch:
itchcrotch Nov 6, 2012  Student Digital Artist
A Cintiq is a tablet with a screen as it's draw surface, so I always wonder... How do you not bust the screen by drawing on it?
Learning to apply and alter your pressure lightly is a skill needed to use tablets properly, sure, but is the screen really strong or something?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconurus-28:
Urus-28 Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have a cintiq 24HD the whole equipment is incredibly heavy and well built, in the beginning I was worried about the glass surface, now it's just like a drawing table :thumbsup:
The glass surface is treated for such kind of use, but take dust very easily.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have a Cintiq 12WX. The surface that you draw on is a thick glass panel. Apparently it is some kind of composite with toughened glass, anti-glare film and whatever else. I'm pretty clumsy and my cat likes jumping on the Cintiq with all her claws. In over a year we haven't managed to damage or scratch it yet.

I have heard of people 'easily' scratching their Cintiq screens - but it seems to mostly apply to older models or people doing dumb stuff.
itchcrotch Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Awesome!
itchcrotch Nov 6, 2012  Student Digital Artist
How strong? Can you describe it at all?
:iconpakaku:
The distance between the surface and screen seems pretty wide (about half a centimeter), and I'd assume it's glass in that gap
itchcrotch Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Sounds reasonable. Thanks!
Add a Comment: