Wacom Bamboo nib isn't working but tablet and eraser are

I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch. Have reinstalled the drivers a few times, restarted, attempted different drawing software and have replaced the nib.

The eraser end works as normal, but the buttons on the side of the pen do not work, nor does the nib/drawing end itself.

As far as I'm aware, it has not been dropped and it was working the last time I plugged the tablet in.

I'd welcome any suggestions, but if I need to take the pen apart then I need help on how to do that- the manuals that come with this tablet aren't very helpful.

Thank you!
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Have you changed the nib? I had this exact problem
I did! Unfortunately a piece inside the pen itself has broken, so it has to go off for repairs. : (
Yeah, my Bamboo pens been stabbed, thrown, flattened, piled on, and is fine... something is obviously went wrong with it, dude 8( Within three months, surely they should offer you something from where you got it from. I'd try with a receipt in shop or where-ever, cos I'm sure thats too soon to have broken.
I have heard that they can break if dropped or bashed, but I take such good care of mine! I'm using another pen, but apparently I'm just too late to return it to PC world where I got it. OTL

I'll have to send my pen back to Wacom for repairs!

Thank you for the help, Wolfie. <3
S'alright Loki! :P Haha. Hope you get it all sorted out!
Gah I dunno, I'm on my first Bamboo and a couple of years in it's alright. However when I had a Trust tablet, whenever my pens kept dying I emailed them as I hadn't had them too long and they sent me new ones for free. As you've only had yours three months perhaps you should email Wacom and see if they'd do the same? Surely it's still under warrenty too?
Yes, Wacom will repair my pen if I send it off to them, I just need to figure out where to send it to. XD I'm using another pen in the meantime. Apparently I just missed my opportunity to return it to the shop I got it from! OTL

Thanks for the help, dear!
That's not so bad though but having to send it off, wait, and then wait some more for it to come back seems lame... It's a tablet pen, surely it'd be less faff to just send you a new one... Silly Wacom!

Where'd you get it from? I swear most places cover you for a year... Or is that just big things like PCs?

S'alright chum!
Yes, fortunately I have a spare pen to use in the meantime. It's still annoying though and I haven't managed to find out what to do about sending it in. x__x

It was from PC World. : /
Lucky you! I was looking at my pen earlier thinking "Damn, I could do with a new nib soon"; can you even get new nibs or is that again a new pen jobby? Nothing is ever easy is it? D:

Ah good old PC World... >.>
How long have you had the pen? They do die eventually. The bamboo pens aren't that bad, around $30 last time I got one.
Three months. I can't seem to find the right sort of pen/a Wacom one online though. Perhaps I'm just looking for the wrong thing! Where did you buy yours from? And thank you for replying to this. : )
I think I got mine off of Amazon or something, but you can order one from wacom here: [link]

It shouldn't die after three months, though. I have to replace mine every 2-3 years (my tablet is about 10 now, you can't beat the old Graphire 3).

If I were you, I'd start out by contacting Wacom to see if they will send you a free one.
Thank you for the tip! I'm using an old pen and am going to send it off in the meantime. Cheers for the help. : )