Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Bamboo tablet help- I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times, but...

:iconkosisi:
Kosisi Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Hobbyist
For the past year and a half, my Bamboo Fun tablet(Model CTE-450) has been without pressure sensitivity in any program. This was due to the fact that I installed the original Bamboo tablet, but did not end up using it because my father took it for other reasons. I've read about other people having the same problem, but all the solutions listed did not work in my case. So far I've unistalled the driver of the tablet I am not using, reinstalled the driver of the Bamboo Fun, changed the settings of both the programs and the tablet, and restarted my computer a number of times. In the end, none of these have worked, and I was wondering if there were any other solutions available.
For reference my primary drawing programs are:
Paint Tool Sai
and
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.
--

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontemporal-apparition:
Temporal-Apparition Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
When I was using Ubuntu earlier this year, my pressure sensitivity didn't work either, so maybe it's the computer rather than the tablet / drivers. I don't know how to fix it, though.
:iconcowboypunk:
cowboypunk Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
What operating system are you running? Sometimes with an older tablet and a newer OS, there can be compatability issues. Installing/running it in a compatibility mode for an older OS could help solve the issue.
There may be an error in your install disk, wacom keeps installation drivers for all their products available on their site, using that may help.
:iconkosisi:
Kosisi Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist
Thank you for bringing up compatability! I was able to fix the problem by downloading an older driver on the site that would make my tablet compatible with Windows 7, as the driver I had previously downloaded did not do that.
:iconcowboypunk:
cowboypunk Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012  Professional General Artist
Indeed! I have an older Intuos that has the same problem :)
Add a Comment: