Closed to new replies
November 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Cleaning your drawing tablet?

:iconsaki-guzman:
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Just wondering what you guys/gals use to clean your drawing tablets?

Aside from water and a damp cloth, do you use cleaning solutions for food smears, and other hard to remove substances? I have a Wacom intuos and am planning to buy a solution (for a 'just in case scenario' where I get food or something on it) for it- just not sure what to get and what's safe for the tablet.

There's a limited selection of PC cleaners where I live; couldn't find the likes of Belkin, Endust or even iKlear in nearby stores :(

But I came upon a store that sells Antec Cleaning Solution
[link]

Just wondering if anyone here has tried it and if it's ok to use? It seems to have good reviews and the label says that it's alcohol and ammonia free...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartofjeffhebert:
ArtofJeffHebert Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I use a damp cloth. Seems to clean it just fine. I do how ever use a smudge guard on my hand so that may help keep it cleaner.
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
What kind of smudge guard is this?
:iconartofjeffhebert:
ArtofJeffHebert Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
A two fingered glove I bought from SmudgeGuard.com [link]

Its great for kkeping your tablet from getting to grimmy and its also good for traditional pencil. Keeps your hand clean.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012   Digital Artist
I use a kitchen wipe, but I use a Wacom Bamboo Touch since I'm not privileged enough to get anything better... or bigger. I dunno, you can just use a computer screen wipe. Cheap enough to get. No need for a brand name really for as long as it does the job. :shrug: I don't think you should use your tablet to eat off though. It's not very good for it. *joke*
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Yup, im not particular about brand names, though i do trust certain brands for the reliabiliy of their products...thats why i choose wacom everytime over other companies (wacom bamboo is very good, too), i dont eat off the tablet lol! sometimes i have food beside it though, it gets small drops in it by accident...nothing too bad though. :) ty for your input
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012   Digital Artist
Oh yeah, I chose Wacom overall, but when if comes to cleaning products, I just find what is cheap and use it. =]

I'm only joking with you. I don't have a kitchen table so I just use my coffee table to eat at my laptop is there as well. So it does get attacked by gravy and right now, highlighter ink. D=
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Nov 6, 2012
Yeah, I guess there's no point spending so much if you can find cleaner that's affordable yet works :D I have a cloth which I cover my tablet with when I have drinks, etc. nearby on the table.
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012   Digital Artist
Exactly! =] I usually leave my tablet on my couch somewhere along with a lot of paper and books... and pens... and cups... I now actually realise I'm really am a student. >.>
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 4, 2012
Unplug it and wipe it with water and soap :shrug:
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Nov 5, 2012
Thanks :) I use a bit of water and microfibre cloth, actually but need something for food...i purchased the antec but so far havent tried it.

Water is the safest solution, though!
Add a Comment: