Closed to new replies
September 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Bosto Kingtee 19MA vs Yiynova 19

:icontkhandsome:
tkhandsome Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2012
Hey guys I'm looking at buying either a Bosto Kingtee 19MA or a Yiynova. Does anyone have an experience with either product aka which one is better. Also, what's the difference between the Bosto 19MA and the 19MB?

Any input would be great!

Thanks,
Travis

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconandreybelkov:
AndreyBelkov Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I have a bosto kingtee 19-mb. It's an amazingly fast tablet. Yiynova fails this test cause all those videos I saw about it — says that yiynova has a sloooooow reaction of cursor. Kingtee — otherwise has blazing fast reaction on drawing even faster than cintiqs. So kingtee makes drawing process more natural. I was doubt a bit about buying kingtee. But at last — kingtee has shown itself to be excelent tablet. I recommend.
:iconandreybelkov:
AndreyBelkov Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I have a bosto kingtee 19-mb. It's an amazingly fast tablet. Yiynova fails this test cause all those videos I saw about it — says that yiynova has a sloooooow reaction of cursor. Kingtee — otherwise has blazing fast reaction on drawing even faster than cintiqs. So kingtee makes drawing process more natural. I was doubt a bit about buying kingtee. But at last — kingtee has shown itself to be excelent tablet. I recommend.
By the way, the most information availabe on the is in their eastern european office's page: [link]
:iconsenatorwolf:
senatorwolf Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Be sure the Kingtee you are looking at is 64 bit compatible. I payed the extra price to get the one with the rotating stand and side buttons with scroll wheel, only to conveniently find afterwards the buttons and scroll wheel were not compatible with 64bit OS. The rotating/tilt mount felt very uncomfortable to me, I took that piece off and mounted the monitor to a desk arm, now I can rotate and tilt to my hearts content.

The drivers are not very good, nor the key-pad software. I've tried all the different versions of the key-pad software and drivers over the last year and a half, and none of them have allowed my key-pad to function on 64bit. The only tech support you have will be via email to someone who is not very good with English, and might decide to not respond to you. Many times there was miscommunication with me and bosto when troubleshooting my keypad. Only to end with "incompatible with 64bit."(which turned out to be true, as it worked fine on xp and 7 32 bit).

Though the tablet says it is 2048, I also own a monoprice pad that is 1024, and I can't tell a difference at all.

You get what you pay for, this is by no means a replacement so say a cintiq 21ux.

Mine turned off and wouldn't come back on after about 80 hours of use. I opened it up and was amazed at how simple and poorly built the inside was. I did get it working again, but for all the grief it has caused I regret not going with something else.

I use my monoprice for sketching, and my kingtee for coloring.
:iconsenatorwolf:
senatorwolf Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Be sure the Kingtee you are looking at is 64 bit compatible. I payed the extra price to get the one with the rotating stand and side buttons with scroll wheel, only to conveniently find afterwards the buttons and scroll wheel were not compatible with 64bit OS. The rotating/tilt mount felt very uncomfortable to me, I took that piece off and mounted the monitor to a desk arm, now I can rotate and tilt to my hearts content.

The drivers are not very good, nor the key-pad software. I've tried all the different versions of the key-pad software and drivers over the last year and a half, and none of them have allowed my key-pad to function on 64bit. The only tech support you have will be via email to someone who is not very good with English, and might decide to not respond to you. Many times there was miscommunication with me and bosto when troubleshooting my keypad. Only to end with "incompatible with 64bit."(which turned out to be true, as it worked fine on xp and 7 32 bit).

Though the tablet says it is 2048, I also own a monoprice pad that is 1024, and I can't tell a difference at all.

You get what you pay for, this is by no means a replacement so say a cintiq 21ux.

Mine turned off and wouldn't come back on after about 80 hours of use. I opened it up and was amazed at how simple and poorly built the inside was. I did get it working again, but for all the grief it has caused I regret not going with something else.

I use my monoprice for sketching, and my kingtee for coloring.
:icondarkencrystalrose:
darkencrystalrose Featured By Owner Oct 24, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I have used both and I have to say the Bosto Kingtee 19 MA is much better. There is a high pen pressure sensitivity and the pen glides across the screen very easy. There is very little (almost no noticeable) to no delay. Great for fine details. Works amazing with painter 12. Now I used it on a PC and not sure how it works with Mac's. Buy from Amazon.com that way if you don't like it you can return it (also you can apply for store card. I have links too both if needed.
:iconlemon1986:
lemon1986 Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2012
Some one on the other art form that pressure sensitivity for the bosto does feel more like 1024 instead the advertised one! Also driver issue was a problem that they didn't bothered to solve! Which lead me to steer away from them!
:icontkhandsome:
tkhandsome Featured By Owner Sep 26, 2012
thanks for the response. Yeah, I really wish there was more on both Bosto and the Yiynova tablets. It's tough because I live in Canada and in order to get a Yiynova delivered to me I have to go through Panda City and get it shipped to a 3rd party and then to me with no extra charges and will take 4-10 days. They said they will cover customs and duties also, shipping will come to about $100. The Bosto on the other hand will ship directly to me through their website and they estimate 10-14 days. I don't worry too much about the pressure levels because I do most of my drawling in Adobe Flash with a consistent line width. I've heard both products have driver issues, but can be fixed through 3rd party drivers. I've found more reviews for the Yiynova then the Bosto and they all seem to be pretty positive. SUCH A TOUGH DECISION...

Once I get either one I'll write a review on it hopefully get the ball rolling for people who are in the same position as we are.
:iconrikert:
Rikert Featured By Owner Sep 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
(sorry for my shitty grammar)

i am also looking to buying a Bosto 19MA. The Yiynova 19 i'm not too sure about, i have looked into it but it may have more problems than the Bosto, i could be wrong however.

Major difference between the Bosto and Yiynova is the Bosto has 2048 pressure levels, while the Yiynova has only 1024 pressure levels.

With the Bosto the difference between the MA and MB is the MA comes with shortcut keys and a scroll-wheel on the side, the MB has no buttons or wheel.

I actually emailed a store in California that had them a few days ago and they responded. hope this helps. the site i emailed ( [link] )

"
1. can you provide any comparisons between it and a Wacom cintiq (12wx, 21ux, 24hd)? pen stroke accuracy, screen durability, lighting, etc.

Overall drawing ability/feel for the Bosto is the same as the Cintiq 12wx, 21ux (I have not had enough time with the new 24hd). Pen is very accurate with little to no lag. Screen is very durable and thinner then the Cintiq I think, so there is less of a gap between the tip of the pen and the cursor on the monitor. Max Resolution for BOSTO is 1440x900 and it has a 19" Monitor. So not quite as big as the 21ux. Stand does not rotate like the Cintiqs. Bosto is very bright and does not heat up at all. We have had BOSTO's on demo display at conventions all day and the monitor does not heat up. I've demoed the Cintiq and have noticed that it gets hot after awhile, but again, do not know if the new 24HD has this issue. Pen for the BOSTO is thinner then the Wacom Cintiq. BOSTO is only PC compatible right now, but can run through Windows installed on a MAC.

2. Can the Bosto 19ma be used as a second monitor (like a wacom cintiq) or does it have to be the primary monitor for a PC ?

I know you can hook it up as as secondary monitor, I am getting confirmation if it can be used as an extended monitor and as a secondary monitor.

3. has anyone bought and gave a comment about it? Or have you used it and have any comment?

Since stocking it in July, we've sold about 10-15 units. During Tradeshows and conventions, people have been pretty positive about it noting the accuracy and price. As for myself, I use a Wacom Intuos all the time and drawing on the BOSTO, I see very little difference from drawing on a Cintiq. As a budget alternative to the Cintiq it's very nice.
"

There aren't many reviews on the Bosto, so it's hard to say you should get it compared to a Wacom cintiq, but what i have seen for reviews people seem to really like it as an alternative to spending $1000 to $2000.

I really hope the Bosto is as good as it sounds and gets more popular, because honestly i'm not much of a fan of Wacom's monopoly on cintiqs (not to say they're bad, but they can price their stuff whatever they want and people just have to go with it).
Add a Comment: