Is my motherboard failing?

I think my motherboard is broken or damaged. I get bluescreens really often. [link] . Is it the motherboard?

Hardware:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
AMD Radeon™ HD 6770 Graphics
Intel Core i7 2600 Sandy Bridge
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 Vengeance (4x4Gb)
Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter TG-3468
Comments21
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Check the CPU. I had a Core2 Quad crap out on me due to poor manufacturing (One of the cores was faulty)

I've personally had no luck with ASUS boards... Try a Gigabyte one?
Looks like your RAM's about to be shot! To save a few dollars when replacing your RAM, you can purchase a new one yourself and bring it to a repair group to have it put in.
May just be a virus.

also check the capacitors on the motherboard, if they are leaking or bulged outwards on top they may be bad and can cause errors. can be fixed relatively cheap.
I found the problem thanks to ~PR-Imagery It was a broken RAM memory
Looks like a memory issue. Make sure your installed memory is compatible with your board.
Run memtest [link]
Also grab WhoCrashed [link] and report back what it says.

Have you updated all your drivers(graphics,sound,iGPU,NIC etc etc/bios/OS?
I did this and the result from memtest and WhoCrashed
Oh. Okay, in the bios, set the BCLK back to 100, set the memory speed to 1333Mhz, and check that the memory is seated correctly and run memtest again.
Here is the result [link]
So now test each stick of ram individually and each slot as well. That would determine if its bad memory or the motherboard.
I began to test every stick, and found one that was broken. With it I get 5000 errors in 2 seconds.
without it I have gotten 0 errors. But the test have only run for 15 min so far, and with 1866Mhz

I haven't test every stick individually. But it seams clear to me that i found one that was broken.
Awesome. Being Corsair you should have no trouble at all getting the set replaced.
View all replies
Have you checked that the memory is seated correctly?

What speed and timings is the memory running at? (Run CPU-Z or look in the BIOS)
No idea how to decipher that clusterf'k of words. But my advice would be setting up only the basic components needed to run and isolate from there. For all we know, if could be your 6770 having problems. :shrug:
I have tested with a "NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT" and still get problem. I have also updated BIOS
How often are the BSODs and when did they start appearing?
Average 3 every day, and I haven't seen any pattern to them.
Try looking if the AMD drivers and related stuff is updated i had a number of blue screens when it wasn't updated.