Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 24, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Bamboo Fun/Bamboo Capture - Pressure sensitivity not working?

:icondawnpop:
dawnpop Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2011  Student General Artist
My Bamboo Fun had a badly ripped cord so I assumed that's the reason I kept getting the "Tablet driver not working" window. The pressure sensitivity won't work on it, no matter how many times I tried to reinstall the driver.

So I literally just installed my brand new Bamboo Capture and I'm having the same problem so I'm starting to feel buying it might have been a waste.

Maybe it's a problem with my computer? I'm running on Windows 7.

I've tried restarting my computer, installing the driver from the disk and also the Wacom website. I tried using an older driver for the same tablet.

How can I get my pressure sensitivity to work?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconspiderkitkat:
SpiderKitKat Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
is there any other way...im having the problem and im in the middle of a drawing :( it took so long for me to download it almost two hours.....suck
:iconsaintazura:
SaintAzura Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have the same problem with my bamboo pen & touch. The pressure sensitivity does work on SAI, but didn't work in photoshop. And yes, I've already set the shape dynamics on.
Should I re-install my bamboo?
dawnpop Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2012  Student General Artist
My problem was pressure sensitivity with all my programs, but I mostly use SAI.
AlfaFilly's answer for me worked, so hopefully the same for you if you give it a try.
:iconsaintazura:
SaintAzura Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nope, I've tried re install my driver and photoshop, still not working. Maybe I'll just stick to SAI...
dawnpop Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2012  Student General Artist
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck to finding a solution soon!
:iconalfafilly:
AlfaFilly Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I just got a Bamboo Capture as well and had the exact same issue (pressure sensitivity not working not matter how many times I restarted or downloaded new drivers from the site after having installed the CD). With a friend's help we think we figured out a solution (not sure yet if it is permanent but working well thus far).

First, uninstall your Bamboo tablet (from Add/Remove Programs part of your computer or Uninstall Software). Once it is complete restart your computer if it asks. Then go to the Wacom website [link] (or go to your country's site if available) and find the driver for your tablet. Install it and it should work. It did for me. Best of luck! :)
dawnpop Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2011  Student General Artist
It worked! Thank you very much! :aww:
:iconalfafilly:
AlfaFilly Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're welcome! I'm glad it did! C:
:iconmadhattress7:
MadHattress7 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Same thing with my capture, the pressure wont work, except on the tutorial, but on everything else the pen pressure isn't working. I really hope it isnt broken. I thought it was the paint program but the pressure wont work on anything, Sai, paint, paint.net its not working. If you get an answer please note me the solution thanks.
:iconveritas-found:
veritas-found Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
But yours is at least working with SAI? I just got my Capture today, and after installing it's doing this weird thing where this bubble-like popping graphic appears any time I try to draw on SAI; lines are jerky and stilted, and dots are impossible. (It's the same thing that happens on MSPaint or TegakiE with my old Graphire2, which is why I stopped going to Tegs.) Works fine with PSP, but not SAI - and since I predominately use SAI now, this is kinda seriously harshing my squee over the new tablet.

~ Ver
Add a Comment: