Suggestions on Wacoms?

So, right now, I own a PRETTY old Wacom Graphire 3.0 Drawing Tablet. And it still works great. But I've been thinking about a new tablet. I've seen a lot of tablets, but I still don't know what would be best. I've thought about Intruos and Cintiq and just about everything newer than mine, but I don't know what's so great about the rest and what's the top! What can you guys suggest to me, from Wacom, as a good tablet to step up to? x__x Can you guys tell me everything about the Tablet you think is the best and what you like about it?
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have just bought the large Intuos 4 and it is fantastic. I used other brands previously because they were cheaper and the difference in experience is incomparable. My friend has the smaller version that she uses for animation and she only has good things to say. I am finding that the controls on the tablet make life a lot easier and faster.
I recently retired my Graphire for a intuos, and it was a good decision. I would most def. go for one, or if you've got a lot of bank, you could even get yo'self a fancy Cintiq ;)
Intuos 4 or Cintiq if you're made of money
I had a Graphire previously. :)

Then I switched to an Intuos, and wow - so much nicer feel, and way easier to do smooth and precise stuff.

In many aspects, the new Bamboos have taken over the Graphire line-up, which is now deprecated.

So, unless you want to "side-grade", go for the Intuos; then you'll feel like you have upgraded for real.

On the more technical part, we're talking:
- Intuos features twice the resolution (LPI) than the Bamboo/Graphire
- Intuos features twice the pressure points than the Bamboo/Graphire
- Intuos features (more) buttons and controls on the tablet itself
I Have the cybertablet15 from Tigerdirect.com at a very reasonable price
It works, why would you need a new one? No real need to upgrade unless you needed something bigger. I've got an older Bamboo and an Intuos 4, and I personally can't tell the difference except that the Intuos I own is a large one :B