Closed to new replies
October 6, 2009
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Can't Make Smooth Lines Wacom Bamboo Tablet

:iconwaynechriss:
waynechriss Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2009
I just got my new Wacom Bamboo Small tablet but i got so disappointed that i can't make smooth lines whatsoever; everything i draw is always jagged and rigid. This happens in both Photoshop CS4 and Gimp. Is it because of the pressure sensitivity of the tablet (512) :(? Or can i fix this somehow. If i need a better tablet to get better quality drawing i would (like the intuos4).

*Also this is my first drawing tablet.

Devious Comments

:iconkingmancheng:
kingmancheng Featured By Owner May 16, 2011  Professional Filmographer
Necro :lock:
:iconrarelessart11:
RarelessArt11 Featured By Owner May 14, 2011
Okay, so after some tinkering with my tablet on GIMP I found out two things.

1. Short, quick brushstrokes work just fine with no pixelation. So if your art only needs that kind of paint action then you should be fine.

2. BUT if you happen to want to trace a scanned work with long lines across the screen then you're out of luck. You will get pixelation no matter what. If you want to trace something scanned that you've already drawn then I'd have to recommend vector lines to do it.
:iconrarelessart11:
RarelessArt11 Featured By Owner May 14, 2011
Just got a Wacom Pen Tablet and I'm having the same problem. I'm using Gimp & Corel Painter Essentials programs. I get a jagged fuzzy line each time. I've tried a resolution around 300dpi and the problem still persists. I'd like to mention that my tablet feels too sensitive almost to the point where I can't even draw a nice square! Anyone know how to tweak this? I'm running out of options, I might have to just settle for overly meticulous vector art, ugh...
:iconarikawaii13:
Arikawaii13 Featured By Owner May 10, 2011  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Im having the same problem! Its making me super mad! Do you know how to fix it?
:icondeseoutshy:
deseoutshy Featured By Owner Sep 5, 2010  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
which one do u recommend !
wacom bamboo pen & touch or Genius G-Pen F610 Drawing Tablet !!
:iconchristythecat123:
Christythecat123 Featured By Owner Sep 5, 2010  Hobbyist
Same thing with me. Expect I can't submit any pictures on deviantart. -__-
:iconleaf-saw:
leaf-saw Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2009  Hobbyist General Artist
Is this your first tablet? 'Cause all lines on all programs with all tablets tend to be very jagged. They're very... touchy. You can get around this relatively easily by upping the resolution on the pictures that you use, or by editing the correction of the pen on the pen menu.
:icongeekysideburns:
geekysideburns Featured By Owner Oct 7, 2009   Digital Artist
Try setting your artwork to a higher rez, and when you go to ink and paint zoom in and then ink.
:icondarkrebelgirl14:
DarkRebelGirl14 Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2009
you are probably shake it or something
:iconwaynechriss:
waynechriss Featured By Owner Oct 7, 2009
I have a pretty steady hand so i don't think its me. :(
Add a Comment: