Please help with creating bootable usb

so I'm following these instructions www.instructables.com/id/How-t… and I'm stuck on step 2, when I type in f: it says the device is not ready (might be cause I need to insert a cd inside or might be cause my cd burner (f:) is not working right) either way, reading further trough the instructions I guess I don't even need to use f: because I as I said the cd burner is broken so I couldn't use it to transfer files from it onto my USB (which is h: and not d:).

Does anyone know how I could do the same thing but with using my C: disk? and how to actually locate those files which I need transfered (as C disk is full of other files as well, which I wouldn't need transfered.) If my F: was working, It would simply transfer everything from F: but since it ain't working I have to do it via C: and I figure that I can't just type C: only since the desired files would be in a specific file, or even if they would be directly on "C:" there would still be the problem that those aren't the only files on there

Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Those are awful instructions. What are you planning to boot, anyway?

(It might not even be "F" in your particular case.)
need to get me xp on my old pc, 7 started draining too much. F is the dvd drive but it ain't working so yeah
'Draining too much?'
My pc is too old (from 2006 or 2007) 7 isn't really made for it, yet I decided to install it cause of the looks and until today was lazy to get xp back. So now that it started eating the PC and Ram and whatever too much, I really need to install XP again. And since my cd burner is dead I can only do it via bootable usb :/

also thank you so much for the replies :) :3
It isn't recommended to use XP. It is no longer supported and there are no security updates for it. As such, such a system would be incredibly vulnerable.
I'm well aware of that. My PC however will not compromise with 7 so I'll go with xp as I have it at hand and know it well enough (since I used to have it)