Pinterest: A bit confused really?

Hello,

Okay I hope this is the correct forum in which to find assistance!

I signed up to the crafty type site 'Pinterest' and I was wanting to 'verify my site' on Pinterest - which I assume means the link to my DA profile would match up to it?

Upon pressing the 'verify site' button on Pinterest it asked about copying a piece of html code, something called a 'meta tag'... I've only done the most basic, simple html stuff as part of an afternoon short into course so I have absolutely no idea what it means!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

P.S. I tapped 'Pinterest' in to the DA FAQ and it didn't find anything, an internet search mentioned a site update but there was nothing painfully obvious so I am stuck... And so the technology center made sense.
Comments2
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pinterest requires that you copy/paste a line of their code into the index.html (home page) of your personal website for it to work. You can't do that with dA since it's not your personal website and you don't have access to any of their HTML files.
To be specific, Pinterest can only verify top level domains, such as www.example.com. If your website looks like www.example.com/yourname or yourname.example.com, it's not a top level domain and is not verifiable at this time.

help.pinterest.com/en/articles…

dA's FAQs have nothing on Pinterest because they don't support that site.