Can I Get Some Really Simple HTML Help?

www.tumblr.com/theme/11623

So I love this theme, but I hate how dark it is, the background is this black tweed look and I was hoping to switch it out for this floral wallpaper,1.bp.blogspot.com/-mv_5J25W0m0… just simply change the existing background image. 

But I admit I have no idea how to do that, so I looked it up and the tutorials were very simple but... every time I ran into this same problem. 

All the tutorials were mentioning a part of the code that was body{

and from my experience, code usually does have that line, but this one only had <body> and I have a feeling that's why it's not working...

But again, I admit I'm not sure. If you can help in any way, it'd really help! 
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
In the Custom CSS box simply put this code:
html {
    background-image: url('1.bp.blogspot.com/-mv_5J25W0m0…;
}

You should upload the image to your own site and use that link instead though, just for in case the image gets deleted by whoever is hosting it at the moment.

Preview: Button Theme Background
That's because you need to edit the CSS file, not the HTML file.
Ok, great, simple solution.
How do I do that? ^^;
I see a add custom CSS button made into the Tumblr's editor but it's empty, there is no code in there for the body{ code to be under...
Just add it as a completely new CSS line. You'll have to add the body{ and end with a } as well.

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets, which refers to the fact that whatever happens further down in the code overwrites what the old code does. Adding new code through the add custom CSS button will overwrite the old.
Ok thanks! I'll try that and see how it works.
Please let us know if you get it working or if we need to help you a bit more!
Oh yes, I'm sorry I do, for some reason it's just not working, my CSS box... But I was hoping to speak with you about it when I have the time to do it without interruption. ^^ I'll reply to your note about it, and I really appreciate all your help. UvU
This theme uses the <html> tag for setting the background image, so you'll have to use html{ } in the CSS as I mentioned earlier though, but this is a great explanation of how it works. Couldn't have said it better, Thomas.
Ah, I haven't tried the theme. I just asumed what was said about the body element was true.