how do i make pictures move?

I should really like to learn how to make pictures move. Please help me. thank you.
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
As many people have already said, you need to use some program such as Photoshop or GIMP. I've only done it on Photoshop and you have to use the Timeline on the bottom, here is a website that could help makeagif.com/
Yes I found this website. It is awesome.
Glad I could kinda help :)
Make an animated GIF.  You can do it in most good raster graphics programs, like Photoshop and GIMP.  I never learned how to do it myself.
I'm assuming you want to make a GIF image? :)

There are plenty of programs you can use create GIFs, such as GIMP and Photoshop (I use the latter). Alternatively, you can use a GIF making website.

I'm not sure about GIMP, but Photoshop uses the Timeline / Frame Animation mechanic to do this. Just create frames and select which layers you want in each of them. Pretty easy. :)

Or you can use sites like Gifmaker and stuff like that

Hope this helps ^^
What sort of animation are you looking to do? Simple stuff like making characters blink, fire flicker, or make a character blush? Stuff like a full cartoon? Something else? If you're a bit more specific we can help you better. :)
I want them to move a lot.
Err... That's still not very specific. Could you perhaps link to an example of something similar to what you're looking to do?
What exactly do you want to do? "Make pictures move" is pretty vague. Are you talking about animations?
Alright, what kind of animations in specific do you want to do? Do you want to do little short clips (something like a .gif), a flash-style animation, or a more theatrical type of animation?
You probably want animated gifs or flash animation.

Do you have an art program you're using?
yes i'd like to know how to make animations. i do not have anything this is very new to me.
Ok, well if you've never done any sort of animation, I'd start by looking up basic animation guides online that will explain things like making cells (the individual frames of an animation- the pictures themselves) and how to properly animate in a basic sense.

After you understand what exactly you need to create in order to animate, then it's time to look for a program that will let you put your cells together.

In general, short animations without sound are done as a gif. These can be made by many art programs. These are the most basic animations you see on the web, and usually only have a few frames. They can be made out of any image, whether it's a series of photographs, digital drawings, or hand-drawn scans.

Google "How to make an animated gif" for videos and tutorials.

Longer animations, or animations that need to include things like sound, are more likely to be done as flash animations. There are several different programs that can make flash animations. There is a certain style that is common with flash animations and results from the tools available. If you don't like the 'normal' flash animation look, some flash animation programs will let you import images from other programs, or that you've drawn yourself, and create an animation that way.

Google "making flash animations" for videos and tutorials.
View all replies
Alternatively, move your monitor across your desk.
Okay, serious answer. I think you're talking about GIFs. GIF files are a combination of multiple pictures or frames. Aside from Photoshop (I think?) There are standalone utilities out there that allow you to import a bulk stack of pictures, and after you tweak how fast you want the animation to run and stuff like that, it spits out your GIF file, ready to upload and view.
Move your head from side to side like a bird