Closed to new replies
February 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

sound measuring app/gadget?

:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
ok so on windows you can put apps or gadgets as i think they call them on your computer. my question is can you get an app like that to be placed on your computer that measures any sound being played on your computer/sound card.

so for example if i had nothing playing and it was dead silent then i put a microphone in and started talking you'd see the sound waves of me talking. or if i was playing music it would act more like a visualizer. hopefully you understand what i mean.

is there anything like that out there?

on a side note:
i thought of this when i was watching invader zim. i recall seeing a piece focusing on the irken operating system. so i paused it on one of the episodes and seen what looked like a sound monitoring app and got myself really curious.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Artist
You can do that easily. If you're on Windows click on the volume icon and then click 'mixer'. You can just put that volume mixer anywhere on the screen and it will show you what levels of each program running.

If you want something more animated and 3dish then you might want to program your own. Or, depending on your soundcard, you can pipe the output levels into media center and use those visualizers.

Those are if you don't want to google something else.
:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
yes but that would show it for an individual program wouldn't it not as an overall? and even if im wrong on that i dont that would have the smooth modern look of a gadget that can be placed on the desktop.

because after all i was hoping for something to throw on the desktop itself like a gadget. so i might just have to make one. i was hoping i wouldn't have to though. all well...
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Professional Artist
It has both total and program specific. It's not all that smooth or modern though.

I'm sure there are better ones, you'll just have to google :shrug: or make one that's exactly what you want
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013
The sound button in your menubar...
Add a Comment: