Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 130

What are the best laptop Brands?

:iconwilljcreations:
WilljCreations Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey I have been needing a new laptop for a while now and I need some advice on what the best brand to go with is?

I am looking for something with at least 6GB RAM and 500GB HDD

Please Help? it is much appericated

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsylor41:
sylor41 Mar 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Check out the MSI GT60, or the Lenovo Y580.
Flagged as Spam
:iconkafae-latte:
Kafae-Latte Mar 10, 2013  Professional General Artist
I would suggest what I have, an Asus if you care about graphics, art making, or gaming. It's very good for visual stuff and processing big programs like photoshop, along with other things open, and games.
:iconvalentineuk:
Look at Dell's website. Some of their laptops are on the pricey side but their builds are more than solid. I personally own an Acer but that was due to lack of funds more than anything.
:iconcloudsdalecompanion:
CloudsdaleCompanion Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd say Lenovo T Series too. Look out for the T430 or T530.
:iconbobby1999:
HP is the best brand according to my experience...

now i am using 4th of my laptops of HP...

its HP elitebook and its an awesome machine..
WilljCreations Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I'll have a gander at HP, thanks for the response
:iconnearia91:
I had an HP Pavilion a few years ago and it was awesome, so stayed with HP when I needed a new one. Bought another Pavillion about a year ago (Pavilion dv6) and it's physically rubbish. It performs beautifully, don't get me wrong, but in the year I've had it one of the speakers has blown out, the fingerprint reader stopped working, the lid switch is wonky (when it's closed it doesn't realize that it's closed and thus constantly comes on and off unless I shut it down entirely), the plastic case around the edges has cracked in a few places, and a hotspot has burned into the bottom of the screen. I doubt I will buy another consumer line HP after this one :(

I've heard good things about their business sector with the Elitebooks, though. I would just be wary of their consumer line, as it seems to have gone downhill quite a bit in my experience.
WilljCreations Mar 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
oh right, that sounds really unfortunate :s and thanks for the feedback
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Feb 13, 2013  Student Writer
Anything's better than a Mac.
Add a Comment: