Website Compatability?

I was just curious if there were any tricks to make sure a website is iphone, ipad, and android compatible when I don't actually own any of the above. I already know about setting up a website to change based on browser size but is there some sort of program that will let me view exactly how an iphone or android might see the site without being on an iphone or android?
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I use the Opera Mobile Emulator. [link]
Buy the devices. I test on what I have and ignore the rest unless someone reports an issue. :shrug: If you follow responsive design principles there shouldn't be an issue with mobile phones.
Without the actual devices in your hands, the only options are to use application-based emulators like Adobe Device Central or websites that use virtual emulators or take screenshots from mobile devices. Unfortunately, neither option is as reliably accurate as a real mobile device, so you can't totally trust them. Ideally you should try to find someone you know that has the device you're looking for and ask if you can use it for testing.
This is handy: [link] not perfect though.
There are some online services that show your sites looks on a screenshot of an iphone/ipad, but they're not 100% reliable.
The best solution is just to borrow an ipad or iphone from one of your friends.
Thanks for the response too :)
Hmm... is there anyway to make the iphone, or is it ios, SDK display websites? If I had any friends that had iphones or ipads I would but I am not anywhere near those friends so I am out of luck.
Hmm.. tbh.. I've never heard about something like that. SDK is, afaik, for development of apps. It doesn't include a copy of safari, or something.