External Drive

So, I'm trying to transfer games and programs my external drive. My C: drive is pretty much completely full. The question is, to remove them, would I have to completely uninstall and reinstall on to my external - to completely have it removed from my C: drive? Or can I just drop and drag? I'd would like to avoid having to go through the hassle of reinstalling all my games, and some I have no idea where the disks are. ><
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
AN update: I've moved everything I could from my C: drive to my external- cept for my games and main programs (Photoshop, SAI..etc). My C: drive has space for 224 GB, have only 40GB free. I've done both a disk clean and disk defragment on my C: drive and there is about 100GB worth of space unaccounted for. Maybe there is a black hole in my C: drive?

Gah, I'm sorry, I know there probably is a better forum to go to, but I thought I might as well see if I could get any answers here.
black hole? no. You're probably not accounting for your OS as well as basics like antivirus, flash, drivers, system updates, and utilities. If this is a desktop and you have the space you may want to look at installing a second hard drive.
Yeah agree with @Pakaku, keep your games and apps in C: drive. And move all your pics, docs, movies etc to external drive.

Coz what I know (not sure though), if you simply drag and drop your apps to external drive, some of them might not work.

[link]
You should keep applications and games on your main drive, and store other things on an external drive, like pictures and movies.
It is best for you to preserve installer and exes (files you need to start install and its content) in external while leave whatever in C. If you install them in external there is a good chance for things go wrong, and they are most likely only work for the computer you used to install these games. If you going to do an install then don't drag and drop, install is not the same as copying files.