Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

apple cpu help

:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
ok so im trying to choose which apple laptop to buy one is worth $2497 and is an i7 quad core 2.6 GHz. the other is worth $1687 and has an i7 dual core 2.9GHz. other then a 2 inch increase in screen size there isn't any noticable differences.

so i want to ask will there be any noticable differenc ein the speed of these two cpu's? and if so how much?

to help you guys out i'll provide links.

dual core: [link]

quad core: [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Do you have to use an apple laptop? Or even a laptop in general. Both options are WAY to overpriced.
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
for space limitations a laptop would be very ideal. as it would allow me to have more in my room then just a computer desk and bed.

however if its not wrong to say so, ive actually fallen in love with a computer i seen yesterday. its windows 7 and is beyond bloody powerful exceeds all expectationss and is for the same price as what i was going to spend.

problems:
- i wanted an apple computer because its virus free. or well for the most part anyway. and this machine will mean i'll have to find a good virus protection program that is for free.
(which will be a pain in the ass.)

ive tried these programs:
- avg: i still got viruses despite it being up to date. in fact i dont think it ever actually stopped them

- microsoft security: im yet to get a virus or even be attacked by one. however i fell like this is a program made to be broken into.

- eset: this is a paid program. was never attacked or at least not notified of it if i was. but i dont intend on paying for protection anymore and the free version is probably rubbish.
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Good free virus programs are quite plenty full. Perhaps you're not familiar with Avira, Avast, Malwarebytes, Trend Micro Housecall, Spybot, or Comodo

The thing with viruses is that as long as your smart about what you do online and what/where you download you should be just fine. I haven't had any real nasty viruses in about 4 years
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
i thought spybot and malwarebytes were only for spyware and didn't cover viruses and trojans and stuff like that?

ive heard of avast. im yet to try it but considering it ha sa paid version ive never looked at how good its free version is.

typically when there is a paid version. the free version is nothing more then a pile of crap, designed to get you interested in the paid service.
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Yes spybot and malwarebytes are just supplementary, but they're still free and very good.

there's no reason to pay virus though. And unless you're planning on hacking, torrenting, or never closing your browser windows, then free software will cover you just fine. There's a really bad misunderstanding about viruses and virus removal these days, a solid software like those I mentioned will protect you from just about anything. Yeah every now and then something slips by, but to get an infection that destroys everything is about as uncommon as hardware failure.
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What's the worst that can happen if I leave my browser window open? What site could either give me something malicious or steal personal info just by leaving a browser window open?
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
While it's pretty uncommon you can be hacked that way. Most browsers and sites have safeguards but not all of them. It also drains your RAM but that's not a virus issue.
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
yeah alot of the viruses ive had the program describes as serous but all it has ever done is like:

- give me an error when starting up.
- prevent autoboot of usb. and present with error message.

and just dumb stuff liek that. but it is still annoying. i dont torrent but if i ever got a good internet plan i might start.

define "never close browser windows" when im browsing i keep them open as long as im interested in reading or looking at something on screen. and when im offline i shut the computer off.

either way id expect there to be a way of protecting my machine no matter what id be doing...but clearing there isnt...
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you get a virus, you're better off reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows. Taking your PC back to the day you first bought it. Keep in mind though that whatever important files you have saved will be lost so back up your important files as often as possible. However, don't back up if your PC is already infected because the virus could spread to your flash drive or whatever you use to back up your work.
scorpafied Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
yeah hense why i dont do that. whats the point in even having a computer if you have to reformat everytime you get a virus.
Add a Comment: