Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Which of you geeks can help me with a Mac problem?

:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I downloaded a pic to my desktop but it was so huge that it went beyond all 4 sides and corners of my screen. Now I can't get to the top bar to close out the window or the bottom right pull down corner to shrink the screen. How do I delete this monstrosity from my desktop?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Mac. :icontheresyourproblemplz:
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
No no no, being dumb, there's your problem. Macs are the bomb.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Macs are good except for one problem: they're near impossible to get inside of and fix yourself. Great OS and great UI though.
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Filmographer
:no:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I am guessing you are a PC-head who's never used a Mac. I was, for 11 years, always laughing at Mac users. Biggest mistake.
:lol: PC-head who's used Mac before, although barely, and actually kinda liked it, and I've used Windows my whole life and it's OK, but got into Linux last January and prefer it over Windows or Mac.
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I imagine Linux is pretty great but it's completely not my thing. Technology is not my geekdom of choice, I have little desire to customize or take anything apart - so I can definitely understand preferring Windows or Linux especially if that's up your alley.
Don't have to be a supergeek to use Linux anymore, with Ubuntu and Mint being around. I of course am a supergeek, but I run Ubuntu, and it's the easiest thing I have ever used so far.
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Filmographer
I have used a mac for four months when working as an animator. FOUR months! What more do you want from me? Don't give me the old 'You didn't give it a chance' card because that crow won't caw.

Yes, Mac OSX is a very elegant system but unlike PC, you can't customise or replace parts off the shelves (bar the ram), running windows on a serter enviroment is a lot smoother, plugin utilities are almost non-existent on mac, and despite the way Apple keep promoting their products as 'virus free' it does have a shit ton of security issues (google it for god's sake).

I could go on further but I think that will suffice for why macs are not worth the absurdly high price tag, especially when you can get a PC that does a hell of a lot more than macs and cheaper in a lot of cases. So, you're entitled to your opinion but in mine (through experiance need I remind you), macs are not better than PCs.
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Fair enough. I have absolutely no desire to customize beyond ram. I've never had a plugin or virus issue, although I imagine we use computers for very different things. My PC emulator is kind of ehn, but way better than any attempt at a Mac emulator I've personally seen done.

I wouldn't say Macs are better. I prefer their OS, but you're right in that they are no way in hell worth their price as far as what they do. But aside from willing to pay a bit more for sleekness, I mostly bite the cost because after a four year degree in graphic design I absolutely needed a Mac and it wasn't worth the compatibility issues and constant file converting of using a PC. But I'm glad you did dick around on it. I'm tired of the stereotype since I know a lot of people moan without touching the things just because of the pricetag or the asshat that was Jobs.
Add a Comment: