Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8
:iconthetoxiceden:
TheToxicEden Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
I don't know how to start a blog with wordpress... I would really appreciate if someone could help me with it, I really have no single idea how that works!^^"
PS: It would be great if you can speak german, but I think my english is develloped enough to understand the most important things :3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcargarl:
cargarl Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
thats quite simple, just log onto www.wordpress.com, click on create blog and then follow the instruction. it is quite user friendly.
:iconmislaid-isis:
Mislaid-Isis Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Do you mean running WordPress on a server?
TheToxicEden Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
yup, so that i can transfer it to a domain later
:iconmislaid-isis:
Mislaid-Isis Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
Gotcha ok.

Well if you already have a host somewhere with access to a server it's pretty much:

(And this is copied directly from the Famous 5 Minute Install)

1.) Download and unzip the WordPress package if you haven't already.

2.)Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.

3.)Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php.

4.)Open wp-config.php in a text editor and fill in your database details as explained in Editing wp-config.php to generate and use your secret key password.

5.)Upload the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
If you want to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g. [link]), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (but excluding the directory itself) into the root directory of your web server.
If you want to have your WordPress installation in its own subdirectory on your web site (e.g. [link]), create the blog directory on your server and upload WordPress to the directory via FTP.
Note: If your FTP client has an option to convert file names to lower case, make sure it's disabled.

6.)Run the WordPress installation script by accessing wp-admin/install.php in a web browser.
If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should visit: [link]
If you installed WordPress in its own subdirectory called blog, for example, you should visit: [link]

[link]

If you go to the page I linked just above this, and scroll down a touch there's a much more detailed set of instructions.

If you're developing locally, like say you're running a home server like WAMP for example, it's the exact same process.

I hope that wasn't horribly confusing. It can be kinda tricky especially when it comes to making databases and such. If you have any questions feel free to ask! I've installed WP lots of times both at home and on external hosts.
TheToxicEden Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
thanks, i'll read that tomorrow, I don't know if i'll understand everything, but I'll see^^"
:iconxhyacintho:
xHyacintho Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist
I have a blog there :3

This might help you: [link]
TheToxicEden Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I'm sorry, I meant doing one by downloading, so I can add my own design o:
But I would be very pleased to see your blog! :3
:iconxhyacintho:
xHyacintho Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist
Oh, well, I'm not really sure. There must be an option in Dashbord

Here's mine :3 [link]