Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Playstation 3 slim turns off by itself... Please help!

:iconcyraina:
Cyraina Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I really need some help with this, since I've look online and I can't seem to find any information on it. Anyway, here's what happens.

After about 5 minutes to an hour of playing a video game (or even watching a dvd or blu ray) the ps3 shuts off by itself. The entire system shuts down, and there is no light on (not a red, yellow, or green one) the power button. The ps3 will NOT turn back on if I press the power button, so I have to unplug the whole system from the power outlet, then plug it back it, then the red light on the power button comes back on. Then, I turn on the ps3 again, but in only a few minutes or so it STILL turns off by itself.

The system is NOT overheating. I've checked that, and I even put a computer fan underneath it. I kept it as cold as possible, and it still turns off on its own. Thus, the problem is not from overheating.

Can someone, anyone, please help me out with this? I've done all I can so far except for taking it to a repair shop. I'm not going to send it back to Sony because I KNOW how bad their "help" or "fixing" can be. They don't help much at all...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's a common problem with PS3 slims. The power supply is bad and it doesn't tell the internal fan to turn on. Then the power supply overheats internally and shuts off.

You have to replace the power supply. Or do this: [link]
Add a Comment: