Details

Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6
:iconloriele:
Loriele Jan 1, 2013  Student General Artist
So I got a kindle fire for Christmas, but I can't seem to get it to do much of anything- if you own one what's your experience with it? Is it good for anything web-based? Or can it only really read books?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconleoncross52:
I also have a Kindle Fire. It operates with Andorid OS that I like very much. I read, play a lot on it and also I am developing an own app for Android. It will be a VoIP app (just like this one here: [link]). Anyways, Kindle Fire is a relly good device and also it is one of the best things that I ever bought.
:iconkainchild:
I got the new version with HD and the speaker on it rock. Loud enough to fill a room. Plus it has everything I need.
:icontheaatherea:
TheaAtherea Jan 1, 2013   General Artist
I got one for Christmas last year and I love it. I use it daily, almost as much as I use my computer some days. It's probably one of the greatest, most useful things I've ever received or bought.
I use it to read (the screen has never bothered my eyes, especially being able to adjust brightness and appearance of your ebooks), play games, go online wherever I have a wifi connection, mess with different apps, and watch a ton of Netflix. Mine was one of the first generation models. The newer ones are likely even better.
Flagged as Spam
:iconkaber13:
kaber13 Jan 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Well, it depends....is your kindle fire bundled with the Android Jellybean 4.2 OS? Even if not you can still surf the web, play online games and such. You can add the Android upgrade, just do a search on youtube for kindle fire hacks. This will allow you to watch vids and other stuff.
:iconwinehaus:
I bought one last year and returned it. Reading on an LCD screen hurts my eyes.

It does however, have a pretty large app selection. :D I like playing Jetpack Joyride on my friend's.
Add a Comment: