Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Alternative(s) to Photobucket

:iconhotaru-suzume:
Hotaru-Suzume Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   General Artist
The new site layout is simply unbearable and I'm at the end of my patience trying to stay on the original layout. I had originally set up a Photobucket account to have a private image host, so that's what I'm after in an alternative, nothing more or less.

Could I actually use deviantART itself for this? As in, uploading an image that can only be accessed by others via direct link?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Evernote
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
Yes, you can use deviantART for this.
FAQ #440: What is Sta.sh?
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Maybe Google Drive where you email/share the file/image with them.
You get 5GB free I believe.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Flickr is pretty much still a base standard
Unfortunately it's not photographs I seek to host. Despite their name, Photobucket don't appear to have any such restrictions.

Quoth Flickr's community guidelines: Don’t use your account to host web graphics, like logos and banners.
If we find you using your account to host graphic elements of web page designs, logos, icons, and other non-photographic elements on other web sites, we will warn you or delete your account.
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
so, exactly what are you trying to do?
I want somewhere to put forum avatars and images used in forum posts. For example, here [link] is an image I used to demonstrate the various sizes of objects in a game. Why I would want a gallery containing such images to be private is just a matter of preference for all it truly matters; the main stipulation is that I be able to access them via an account and thus be able to manage them (edit, delete, whatever).
...so you're saying dA isn't really good enough then?
Hotaru-Suzume Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   General Artist
No, I even asked in the OP if I can use dA for this.
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
you could always just to file hosting on mediafire or dropbox.
Add a Comment: