Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 69

My PC is stubborn

:icondragonmilo:
DragonMilo Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I have 2 problems, and they don't exist if I'm using safe mode, which sucks because I have lower res and the sound driver doesn't work. I just hope it's NOT a hardware problem...

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, and it was formatted into that one week ago. It was formatted because randomly my PC started to freeze up when it said "starting Windows". Back then it was x86... Idk if that has something to do. More specs are:
- AMD Anthlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2.70 GHz
- 4GB of RAM
- Nvidia video card (but I don't remember exactly...)

ISSUE 1: My PC RANDOMLY freezes up and for minutes (sometimes 2, sometimes more than 10...) and then it runs normally. But then AGAIN all of sudden does the same... I've been finding some sites saying how to solve and I tried but the problem still exists...

ISSUE 2: I can't use ANY browser. Well I can open them but NONE will load ANY page. I tried many and the ones that say are for 64-bits... Still nothing.

Please give me a solution if you know one, or at least show this to someone who may know how to solve this problem. I hope I didn't forget something important ^^; Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondesignenigma:
DesignEnigma Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Driver Genius Pro just makes things more simple, will make sure everything is up todate hardware wise and does it very well. I am thinking with the freezing still going on its more a hard drive issue but can't be sure... but that would be what I would be looking into, try these free programs to test your hdd

[link]

[link]
:icondesignenigma:
DesignEnigma Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I think its reformat time mate! once installed grab driver genius pro to update all your drivers to the latest updates, run a windows full updates. If you are running multiple drives make sure that the power saving is off.

Make sure you have somthing like malwarebytes to protect you from naughty things infecting your computer...... oh and only use chrome!
DragonMilo Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Reformat?! :O_o: But the problem started right after it's been formatted. ...Ok I can't really say if it was RIGHT AFTER but the problems started very early, at least on the same day.
And why a driver genius pro? :O_o:

I always used Chrome =D I could solve the browser problem! It had to do with the antivirus. No problem now. I'm using my dear Chrome now! =D

I noticed... Sometimes my PC freezes because I try to download or install certain programs. And I already tried to install 2 but they just get stuck and don't continue >_> And well there're other moments that freezes too but idk why... ^^;
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My PC is impulsive and enjoys long walks on the beach.
._.
:icongartore:
gartore Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
localizar el problema
:iconchallengeacceptedplz:
:iconchallengeaccepted2:
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

en fin como es su computador (sin contar la informacion dada) mejor dicho que programas tienes (TODOS) y que paginas (ademas de deviantart (suponiendo) youtube, gmail/hotmail/yahoo/...,FAILbook(facebook) )vistas mas
He notado... A veces se congela porque intento instalar o descargar programas >_> Y he intentado instalar 2 programas y nunca lo hacen... Se quedan pegados. Pero aún hay momentos en que se congela por razones que desconozco... ^^;
gartore Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
bueno parece un ploblema entre la ram y el disco duro
puedo descartar lo demas
espesificaciones del disco duro
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Win 7 should be damn snappy on a fresh install, especially 64bit and your specs look good enough. In any case, if it runs well in safe mode and not otherwise, it's generally sane to assume that some process or driver which doesn't run in safe mode is causing the trouble. Have you installed any updates, software, drivers, etc.? Which Antivirus are you using?
It might be worthwhile to have a look in the Event viewer for any tell-tale signs.
I've seen on the internet I could make certain programs don't start automatic when Windows starts. I did with all that aren't from Microsoft and the problem still exists in normal mode...
I use Avast & Comodo, and even WITHOUT them activated the problem persists. Windows has its latest updates if I'm not wrong.

Thanks for comment...
- and a disk check would be a good idea: open your C drive (or drive where Windows is installed)Right-click >Properties > tools > check now. (It'll program a check on next boot). This you can do from safe mode or normal - no difference :)
Oh question: Do you know how to run safe mode without forcing turn off/restart? ^^; Because it says "Windows can't check the disk while it's in use. Do you want to check for hard disk errors the next time you start your computer?" Because... Y'know. The issue in normal mode is it randomly freezes up ^^; I wanna see how it works without being worried.
It runs the disk check before starting Windows and restarts again after the check is done. (Windows can't be running during the check).
...I couldn't see anything when it finished ^^; Did it have to say something? I assume yes... But it showed the desktop after that...
I'm doing that now XD Well yeah sounds logic. I hope this helps something...
I'm gonna try this now =D
You could have a conflict between Avast and Comodo - I'd say to go with one and uninstall the other.
But I have both deactivated... Are you saying having both installed bothers my PC? But before format the PC I had both programs... And it was working fine (before that random booting problem). Ok now it's x64 now anyway.
nota NO SE DEVEN TENER DOS ANTIVIRUS ALA VES EN UN COMPUTADOR porque asi uno puede molestar al otro
Pero yo recuerdo que tenía ambos y me funcionaba sin problemas ^^; Bueno era x86... Ahora es x64. No se si éso afectará, ya que es la única diferencia que tiene >_>
[link]

y sigo prefiriendo xp pero creo que el x64 creo que nesecita mas recursos
...No me convence ^^; Y dice que puedo tener uno activado y el otro no, pero mi problema existe teniendo AMBOS antivirus desactivados.

¿De dónde sacaste de que el x64 necesita más recursos? :O_o: Éso es algo que desconozco también...
Yes it's quite possible that parts of the programs are not entirely inactive.
:iconppgrainbow:
ppgrainbow Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It unfortunately might be a hardware problem either associated with the hard drive or the NVIDIA video card.
What I don't understand is how to know if it's THAT the problem... All this started when Windows didn't want to start, and then format and now has this strange issue.
Did you check the Event Viewer to see what could be the problem here? :?
Event Viewer? ...What's that? Where can I find it? ^^;
Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer
Woah I see it now! :O I'm going to explore there now. Although it would be nice if you said how to take a better look... Idk how to explain ^^; How to look what I want? >_>
Look for any warnings or errors that may arise on your computer. Here's how: [link]
I saw... I wish I had the time to check calm :X

I noticed... Sometimes my PC freezes because I try to download or install certain programs. And I already tried to install 2 but they just get stuck and don't continue >_> And well there're other moments that freezes too but idk why... ^^;
(1 Reply)
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
GET A MAC
:iconkeepitoriginal:
KeepItOriginal Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Or you know, a big boy computer.
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Shhh
You don't know what you're saying :paranoid:
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Switch to Ubuntu or Mint. :shrug:
Flamebait!

I can't believe that comments like that are make you look totally ignorant. If you can't help this deviant, don
t help him at all. It's that simple.
At least helps me giving me a laugh :lol:
:lol:
Wait what
:|
Whaaaaat?
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Only if it's a MacBook.
IF I JUST HAD THE MONEY.
WORK FOR IT BRO

YOU GOTTA WANT IT
I'M ALREADY WORKING AND I'M GONNA USE THE MONEY IN MORE IMPORTANT STUFFS LIKE COLLEGE.
WHAT USE IS COLLEGE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PROPER COMPUTER
:iconwthplz: Ok enough silliness. Anyway I wanted ask help seriously. Now be a nice kid and treat everyone how you wanna be treated ok?
But I aaaam :C
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
1. Defrag. and use disk cleanup utilities in windows

2. Install and Run CCleaner

3. Run virus scan: Something like AVG, Avast, Avira, or Trend Micro House Call
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Avast! Free for the win.
Add a Comment: