Closed to new replies
December 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

The best stylus for a tablet?

:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I got an ipad for christmas, and I want to get a stylus to draw around on it, and want to know your guys suggestions. There seems to be a lot of the kind with this ball type end, and I'm afraid to get that kind because I'm used to a finer end from my wacom tablet.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlatin-geek:
Latin-Geek Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wacom's own tablet stylus is, according to most, the best you can buy for tablets. $30. [link]
If you want something precise, there's the "Adonit Jot Pro" which has a weird disc-pen thing on the tip. It's the same price as the wacom one, but it's fragile and apparently has conductivity issues. [link]
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
As far as I can tell, they all have connectivity issues. So it's a pipe dream unless I've missed something
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   Digital Artist
If only they made tablets with pressure sensitivity.
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I know, right?
:iconlatin-geek:
Latin-Geek Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
With the advent of Windows RT and 8, a bunch of tablets with pressure-sensitive screens are starting to pop up. For example, the Asus Vivo Tab has an official Wacom digitizer and pen combo built into it, with pressure sensitivity and everything.
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I already have an ipad, I was asking about a stylus
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
You know, if you took the time to properly look at those links, it would/should send you to a conceptart.org thread regarding the Jot touch pressure sensitive stylus, along with comparison and discussion regarding pressure sensitive stylus' for the iPad.

and the other link to the jaja website to purchase the jaja pressure sensitive stylus.

It is the best stylus for the iPad for illustration IMO, why? because it offers pressure sensitivity!

Please, look/read things properly in future.

All the best stylus hunting.

TWG.
Add a Comment: