Sylvania Tablet Touch Screen broke?

I bought a 7" Sylvania tablet sometime last year...it had to be sent back to fix a memory issue already and I'm sure my warranty is up so I figured I'd come ask here.
Earlier in the year I noticed a line across the screen, but it was usable. The portion above the crack/line was not usable, but I could still work the tablet. The crack isn't on the surface, it is on the inside portion...the actual touch screen part I'm assuming...anyways, I went to use it today and I noticed(not sure how this got here this time) yet another line across my tablet. This one is causing more issues than the first, so I was curious if you could replace that part yourself.
If it was an easy fix, if anyone knew where to purchase a new one, if there are people/places that fix them, etc.
It's still usable, but it becomes more difficult with these little cracks IN my screen.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sylvania is possibly the poorest quality, corner-cutting brand of anything you can buy, so you should expect this kind of thing. They have poor customer service for electronics too. Just read the reviews on Amazon.
My suggestions are either try to send it in for repair (best if it's under warranty) or try to sell it on Craigslist sometime soon and buy a better tablet. Unless you have good experience with computer hardware and touch screens, I wouldn't try to open it up and attempt to fix or replace parts yourself. You might be able to replace the faulty part(s), but the hard part will be identifying what's actually the problem.
I realized that after I had bought it._. sadly lol
I'm deciding whether or not I really feel like messing with it since I don't use it much, but if I could fix it and/or get rid of the thing I think that's best.
Thanks for your help:)
Call them up and ask how much it would be to get repaired based on the symptoms. If you've got a warranty it should be covered for free (except shipping cost).
I've sent it back once before for memory issues before...and just after I get that fixed I killed the thing o.O Not sure how that happened and didn't crack the top, but whatever. Thank you. I think I'm going to go check out their site