PC is better than Mac.

Let the shitstorm begin....

Devious Comments

:iconnyx-valentine:
Nyx-Valentine Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional General Artist
:lock: by OP request
:iconjoeoiii:
JoeOiii Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I've used botha lot, but prefer pc. It's easier to fix when something goes wrong. Also they are a lot more powerful for the money. I just built a computer that is about 4 times more powerful than the best imac for 1/3 the price.
:iconppeitso:
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been raised in a house where PCs are not welcome... So Mac
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Now I see what they mean by the whole "cult of Mac" thing. It really IS like a religion...
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What's the "cult of Mac"?
It's a nickname for the apple fandom, making fun of how being a diehard apple customer is very similar to being religious.

For example, you use apple products because that's what your parents taught you - just like a fundamentalist christian believes the earth is 10 000 years old and evolution is a satanic plot because that's what their parents taught them.
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm fine with windows shit... But only for gaming... But my dad despises Microsoft...
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I despise both apple and microsoft. They're no better, both are despicable companies that might have been innovative decades ago but have become so fat and complacent and full of marketing people and lawyers that these days they don't do any actual innovating, they just use their capital and political clout to hinder their competition by abusing the broken patent system and bribing... I mean, lobbying politicians to make legislation that protects and subsidizes them. They hate freedom and do everything they can to suppress it.

If your dad despises microsoft but loves apple, then he has issues with selective blindness, because they're just two sides of the same shitty coin. They both do the exact same things.

I use a free OS because it's the ethical choice. I don't want to support sweatshop labour or patent trolling or vendor lock-in. I care about doing the right thing and not supporting companies that do so much evil.
Ppeitso Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Microsoft really fucked up the halo series for Mac users... It was released something like 3 years after Bungie had announced it would be...
:iconmunuci:
Munuci Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student General Artist
I currently have a Macbook and I've had it for a year, got it for school (Graphics/media-related stuff/design bleh). The only thing that completely totally sucks is that I can't run most games on it since they're not made for Macs, of course, there's bootcamp and I've used it and it works pretty well, it's just a total pain in the ass. Before this I owned a cheap laptop and yeah, I couldn't even run L4D2 on that so this is quite the upgrade when it comes to speed and whatnot.

I like Mac because it runs smoothly, but of course if you get a more expensive PC it'll probably run faster than a 300 eur laptop. I kind of want to get a PC as well so I can play games on that, there's just a lack of money going on.

Honestly I don't really have an opinion, just the fact that all Windows laptops seem to run slow and start up slow just kind of ruins it for me. But yuh. NO CLEAR OPINION HERE ~~
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"I like Mac because it runs smoothly, but of course if you get a more expensive PC it'll probably run faster than a 300 eur laptop" - Uh, a more expensive computer will run better, be built better, last longer than a 300 eur laptop.
"just the fact that all Windows laptops seem to run slow and start up slow" - Sure if we're still talking about that 300 eur laptop... a $1200 Windows laptop is going to be faster than $1200 Macbook...
Dude I'm not a professional over here I just threw in what I thought, I don't know since I haven't used a $1200 PC ever, let alone am able to build my own computer.

Which, by the way, 1200$ for a macbook here would be cheapo. Shit's twice as expensive over here.

I dont have loads of money k, and thus no experience.

Which, by the way, what are/were you trying to prove to me with this? It's a PC vc Mac kinda thing rather than a 'lol ur rong' kinda thread
:iconsylor41:
sylor41 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree with you completely. By the way, I am about to study computer graphics and multimedia in university, how is it?
This is probably going to be a long answer, lol.
Honestly, I'm not sure how accurate it would be if I told you how I liked it, since our school systems are most likely completely different which might make it better or worse or faster or slower. (Most likely faster for you, since you're going to University, and I'm doing "MBO" currently, see illustration: [link])

I got out of High school with a "Havo" diploma, so i could be doing "HBO", which I tried last year but it didn't go well because my life sucked I guess, so I went ahead and went to "MBO" this year anyway, so it's a whole lot slower and I'm not really digging that part that much. I'm probably going to the Art Academy (Which would be "HBO"-level) next year, and the thing I want to do also has a multimedia/graphic design kind of thing. So I'm probably doing that.

ANYWAY, to answer your question - derp - I like it. It's just that currently it's going a little too slow for me and we have all these other subjects (Dutch - own language, English, Math - not even math, just 3+3 kind of things, ugh, etc.), but like I said, that's what makes it less accurate since things are different.

But point is, if you like to design things, draw, create things, I'm sure you'll really like it. They'll probably teach you how to use a bunch of programs like Photoshop, indesign, Illustrator, Premiere pro even if you're going to be making videos and whatnot, and all those kinds of things. Though again I don't know how accurate I am on this.

Sorry for the long response and vague answer. ;p
Hey, your answer is just fine, thanks :). Sorry to hear that your HBO thing didn't work out(better luck next year!).

As for my interest, I'm very interested in creating things(see my gallery), and I'm already pretty proficient in using Photoshop lol, its kinda my thing. I plan to learn illustrator before going to uni too, so that'll help.

As far as drawing is concerned, I can't draw for s**t(well that's not true exactly, I can draw, but only things I can see; not from imagination).

Well, thats basically it. Thank you very much for your wonderful information. Much appreciated!
Ah, sweet! Yeah you'll probably be taught a bunch of other programs so that's nice.

And honestly, I don't think you really need to be able to draw super great, it's more that you need to have and learn to have an eye for design and what looks good and what doesnt etc. It doesn't really require you being able to draw super detailed true to life portraits and whatnot, you're most likely more going to learn how to make magazines look good, how to make posters, how to design websites and logos etc. Though of course it all depends what way you want to go with it, of course if you want to become an illustrator for like books or whatever, that might be a bigger problem. But of course there's still room to learn things and to learn how to draw better and whatnot, you're only 17 and still have a long way to go :la:

No problem!
Thank you very much, I really appreciate all you have said(typed) :D.
No problem! :heart: :D
:iconazamraharjo:
AzamRaharjo Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Both. PC is versatile and customizable, MAC is veeeeeeryyyy stable and good for working.
Also, I really like Macbook than Windows based laptop by the way. Maybe I just haven't try Alienware or something.

But, I agree, Mac is kinda overpriced and too minimalistic. It is even MORE overpriced and annoying because we MUST stick to their way too much updates and innovation plan. I was actually going to buy iMac / Macbook but apparently they *innovated* by removing the CD-Rom slots...for better graphics. :faint:
Even the humongous Mac Pro is like price of Japanese motorcycle in my country when we can afford super PC in less price.

Also, I think Mac is more potential if used on developed countries which has good internet access and other tech stuffs. Unlike in the country I'm currently live in.

In the end, I'll stick with PC. Though maybe I'll buy my own MacBook if I have more money someday.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
PC with Linux or BSD as the OS.
:iconfairygal11:
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
PC Is better than MACS. Macs look as though their still OLD school compared to how PCS like WIndows rocks the screen.
:iconmmzero01:
MMZero01 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Somebody below tried Solaris...
You owned him pretty hard.

Try GlassCube OS.
You won't find that on the Internet like you found Solaris.
Trust me.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
GlassCube OS isn't even listed in Wikipedia.
MMZero01 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
That's what half of the conversation below was about. I'm (one of) its developer(s), and I know it's not on Wikipedia.
sylor41 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haha, we'll see about that:iconisthatsoplz:(btw, I already knew solaris).
(oh~ my apologies)
It seems you may be right. There is no proof of it, and according to the almighty rules of the internet,no pics, then it doesn't exist.
There are pics...
Screenies of the PRE-PRE-ALPHA on some random Chinese server (yeah, that was cheap... But I've been programming for roughly 26 hours now, and I wanted some wins before I black out...)

It does exist, but nobody but us uses it... It's ugly as heck a.t.m.... But it's ours!
Haha, ok I'll give you that one, seems you need it. Oh by the way, if/when your OS goes big, I'll be your first groupie. Don't forget me! :iconokplz:
Ok! You might have to wait a few years... (The team is full of slackers, and I have another project going on at the same time...)

And for a real try at an OS you've never heard of, try MenuetOS (you can research that one).

As for PC vs Mac, I would say you should buy a PC, because people who ask that type of question havn't been around computers enough to have their own opinion, and need something more supported. Even though I prefer the Mac.
I am insulted at your suggestion :icongaspplz:. I wasn't asking for which to buy. I was mostly saying that macs aren't worth the price :icongrumbleplz:
(1 Reply)
:iconfantasy-alive:
fantasy-alive Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
Whether a PC is better than a Mac I think is a matter of personal taste. I have plenty of friends who love their Windows machines but in my opinion I prefer Apple products. I just think they are easier to use and last longer. But in the end that is just my opinion.
:iconcatgirl08:
Catgirl08 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Artist
I like macs better, I'm all for Apple. I've been using PCs for most of my technical life. When I got a Mac book pro, the PC went out the door. Now I have a friend that keeps telling me to get Windows or a PC.
How can you be "all for" a company that uses sweatshop labour, abuses the patent system - costing millions of taxpayer money - in order to hinder their competition instead of actually competing by innovation?
:iconcatgirl08:
Catgirl08 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Artist
#1 Where did this information come from? Link it to me
#2 I like their products. And as for PCs they always gave me problems. Crashing, being extremely slow, giving me loads of headaches. I never had that kind of trouble with Apple products.
I know PCs are cheaper but they are always an issue. Not well suited for doing animation or Graphic design work from my experience.
So I got a question for you, Why do Pcs seem to have these issues? You seem to have some type of knowledge about computers judging by your comment.
#1 - wait... you've been living under a rock for the last couple of years? Apple vs. Samsung ring a bell? Rounded rectangles? Foxconn? Anything?

#2 - PC:s don't have issues. Windows has issues. I haven't had a system crash ever since I stopped using windows. You don't need apple for graphic design nor animation. Almost all big animation studios use Linux. And for graphic design there are tons of tools available on Linux for FREE. You can install Linux on either mac or "PC" hardware, because they're basically the same - both use the same components, pretty much. Macs are just more expensive.
:iconscnal:
Scnal Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Heh, I haven't had a system crash for as long as I had my computer with windows. I think the only time it did crash was when I was booting up Ubuntu.
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah right, whatever... have fun with your viruses and anti-viruses and all that stuff.
:iconscnal:
Scnal Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
None of that either.
:iconsnowy-kun:
Snowy-kun Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Agreed. I love having a PC.
:iconaapis:
Aapis Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Solaris. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS. :iconshakecaneplz:
sylor41 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You mean the Unix OS by Sun Microsystems? Yeah I've heard of it lol. That the best you got?
:iconaapis:
Aapis Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
It would be more impressive if you didn't have to look it up on Wikipedia.
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Do you know anything about computers?
Yes, I would say I know a bit, why?
Ok. How much do you know?
As I said, a bit ;).
So when you ask people to compare PC:s to Macs, what exactly do you mean by PC and what exactly do you mean by Mac?

Have you ever assembled your own computer from parts? Have you ever installed your own operating system? Have you ever used an OS other than Windows or MacOS?
Oh and by the way, this thread is about the hardware and price not really the software :).
By a Mac, I mean the overall machine, OS and all.
By a PC, I am referring to Windows(isn't that obvious?)

And no, I have not done any of the above listed things(Although i do know a bit about the computer parts).

And please read the other comments, I don't want to start an already covered argument, thanks :).
Add a Comment: