Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Another tablet question

:icongingerbaron:
Gingerbaron Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello everyone, its coming close to christmas now and I have some spare cash and was thinking about purchasing a drawing tablet.

I have seen the Wacom items and watched videos on them, the only ones I like the look of is the Cintiq brand because you draw on the the tablet rather than looking at the monitor and drawing that way which I just can't do.

So to the point is it worth getting a cintiq will it last? Also are their other options of drawing tablets that have the same quality that I haven't seen?

Thanks for your time, also happy christmas!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
dont forget about the motion computing le 1600 and 1700 tablet pcs............they are awesome for drawing i got one a few months back and like wow very very responsive and no lag unles you use photoshop to draw (or use a thousand layers) but its good i use sketchbook and sai. Also its the cheapest on the market i got my for $75 used just for a small crack on the screen and the go from there to $185. i think the most expensive is like $400 new but why buy new ones when the used ones are very decent. plus its an excellent alternative to the wacom cintiq 12x because its a 12 inch screen as well almost $800 cheaper
Ah thank you very much for that info!
:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
so welcome we all on a budget lol
:iconmortualia:
Mortualia Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A Cintiq is a really nice thing, but very expensive.
And digital drawing is a bit different than traditional. And some Persons get tired of digital drawing cause its to complicated for them.

So what about a Wacom Tablet first? (Like the Bamboo Fun)

I've done it that way:
I've bought an Convertible PC (old one) at ebay, the funny thing, the Screen was made by Wacom. (its the Lifebook T5010, i've bought it for 200 Euro)
Pimped it a bit and learned how to draw on that screen (its the same as on a Cintiq).
The quality is very good, just the smaller screen is the difference.

Now im going to save money for the Cintiq, cause, i haven't lost interest in digital drawing and will go on making these kind of art.

I hope i've helped you a bit and looking forward for your decision :)
Sorry I don't understand (my fault) you bought a PC and have turned the monitor into the tablet you draw on? Or do you mean use a tablet first whilst watching the monitor?

Sorry for not understnad just trying to get my head round it.
sorry, perhaps i didn't explain it right. ^^

So, ive bought the Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook T5010, (its called an convertible PC because you can turn the monitor) But ive put more Memory in it.

The Screen of the Laptop is a Touchscreen, but just usable with the pen, you got with the Laptop. The Screen is made by Wacom, so you can draw on the screen, like you can do on an Cintiq.

Here a video of the Laptop: [link]
It is really really cool, all many of my digital drawings ive done with it.

i hope you understand what i mean ^^
Ah ok then that I understand, thank you for making it simpler for me
No Problem! :)

i love to draw on the screen, its a really great Laptop!
And its really cheap.
The only thing that makes a minus is that the screen is so small... :/
It must be quite difficult to draw large scale concepts? As your doing everything miniture version
no, not really difficult, but you got to zoom more.
It isn't really miniture. The Drawing size is ok.
the screen got 13,3"
Add a Comment: