What was the worst virus you've ever gotten?

Me? The last time I got a virus, it was Security Tool back in 2009. Believe it or not, it was from deviantArt, there were other dA users who got the same virus like I did!
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Stuxnet. Blew up my entire Uranium enrichment facility :grump:
Idk exactly what it was, but i got it from the deviantart chatrooms. It KILLED my internet explorer i loved so much :saddummy: now if any program tries to open it, everything gets glitchy and i have to restart my computer
And it installed without your permission?
Idk, i don't really know how viruses work exactly.
Last virus that I got was a rogue (Fake antivirus). I do not remember its name, but it was quite deadly for me :P

But malwarebytes was awesome to remove that malware.

Now, I keep my antivirus software upto date and run malwarebytes (on-demand scan) at least once a month.

[link]
I use Malwarebytes too. Some recommend it as a backup scanner.
Linux could get viruses too. Nothing is 100% secure.
Yeah, but the likelihood is vastly lower. Never once gotten a virus on Linux after ~8 years of using it.
Alureon. Thursday. On my parents' PC. Not my fault. Might have to reformat the dang hard drive, which would suck.
Hopefully they backed up their valuable files. When a user gets infected or hacked, people always blame the user. Kind of unfair because the last time I got a virus, it was a safe site.
It's fixed now.
Good to hear. Any idea how they got it?
It's gone now.
Alureon trojan. Kept making my laptop bluescreen. TDSSKiller took care of it.
In January earlier this year, I got a fake antivirus that told me I had a ridiculous amount of trojans on my computer and wanted me to buy it. I gave my computer to my dad for help, took him A FREAKING WEEK to get it out of my system. None of my files were harmed, thankfully, but now I'm more careful.
The Security Tool virus did something similar to me. What are you doing now to keep yourself safe? Right now, I'm learning how it's possible to survive without an AV. Sounds a bit crazy, I know, but it's possible if I'm tech savvy.
I've installed AdBlock, in case it came from an ad (Though it was on IE, and I've installed it to Firefox). Plus, I'm currently using Malwarebytes alongside CrapAfeeMcAfee instead of CrapAfeeMcAfee alone.
Some would argue that IE isn't much of a secure browser. Firefox and Chrome are pretty much the most secure. You might also want to add NoScript to Firefox (or ScriptNo if using Chrome) because I hear there are now viruses that can infect computers from sites that use JavaScript. If you want an AV that doesn't break the bank, try Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast Free Edition, or AVG Free Edition. They cost $0 but make sure you get them from the official sites. To be honest, I never tried Avast or AVG but I have heard good things about them. Keep in mind though that no AV has ever been 100% perfect.
Thank god for Firefox!!! :iconisaydanceplz:

I actually downloaded the (Official!) NoScript addon, and it didn't let me go on deviantART for some reason (Again, this is the OFFICIAL NoScript I'm talking about). So yeah, I wouldn't recommended NoScript.
Hmm... Strange, I never had any issues. I know another person who uses it too without issues. I'm not sure how I can help you but you can always do some research or ask around. Just don't ask a store employee who works at a retailer. Just because they sell the product doesn't always mean they know the product. All they wanna do is sell the product LOL
Not sure if this was a virus, as such, just an issue. Something got into the system and I couldn't access the internet at all without a police scam coming up. I had to borrow my sister's laptop to figure out how to remove it. >.>
I once had that too :paranoid: