Mature/Adult internet chat?

Looking for a good place for general internet chit chat. Sick of chatting on game sites where it's mostly teenagers making fart and dick jokes. I'm looking for something like how IRC was 10 years ago. Secondlife had/has nice intelligent older (25+) people but the game client is horrible on my graphics card.

Any ideas?

THANKS!
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wow ummm .. Well the title is misleading but nice chatting peeps
How is the title misleading?
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' on the river
As far as I've found with the internet, you'll have to go and find adult topics to find adult chatters. (I frequent the WitchesChat, which although they do have a few teens on it, everyone is mature and can keep a good conversation going) Mostly I find that things that are usually more moderated (Scrapbooking chats, religion chats, etc) have more mature and straightforward people.

Sadly, I haven't found any general chat places without any real underlying topic that aren't crawling with trolls, but hopefully you find something that piques your interest. :)
Great reply, thank you.
Maybe I will try IRC again, what you listed above is an IRC room.
Just need to find some good servers/channels.
I've been waiting, but it's not gonna happen.

Close as you can get is to use a direct IM with one or 2 people. Otherwise, there will be trolls and stuff.

Sorry, it's the internet, and it's not yet perfect.
Well... different platforms attract different types/ages of people.

IRC is one of the oldest chat platforms with hundreds of thousands of users logged in at any moment. If you have ever looked around IRC and then look at Yahoo! chat rooms, which is another highly populated interface, you'd see a huge difference in atmosphere.

For in-game chat, such as Kongregate, versus a more adult-themed and advanced platform such as Secondlife. They're both games but attract a different type of person. Same with other downloadable MMO's like WoW and Gunbound are totally different demographics.
Generally.
Also your title is very... misleading
Neither of your responses were helpful nor mature. Just so you know.