Closed to new replies
November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Uploading Fonts here

:icone-ocasio:
E-Ocasio Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012   Artist
I have a few fonts that I'd like to upload here.
What is the procedure to do so? Please explain in detail.
Thank you in advance.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Are they fonts you made yourself?
No, they're freeware, some old and rare that I found on websites years ago that no longer exist. Others were made by a few acquaintances and they don't mind if I distribute them.
You are not allowed to upload anything you didn't create yourself unless you have permission from the original creators. I doubt you are allowed to upload the freeware fonts you found, but the ones your friends said you can upload are okay.

To upload them, put the font file(s) in a .zip or .rar archive and create a preview image (.jpg, .gif, or .png) showing what's in the file(s). You can look at other people's deviations for examples.
Unable to upload both image and zip file.
You zip the font files, upload the zip on the dA submission page, then it will ask you for a preview image. Upload the preview image (jpg, gif, or png), make sure you fill out the rest of the submission requirements, then submit.

FAQ #39: I just tried to submit a file to X Category, but it told me the filetype I am trying to upload is not allowed. What can I do?

If you can't get it to work, go to the #help chatroom or send a message to the +help desk.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
The new system is a tad picky, but managed to at least upload one.
Add a Comment: