Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Need a method to impartially prove the submission time for a picture.

:icona--anthony:
I can't find a way to prove (impartially) the submission time of a picture. I submitted my picture Fullmetal Pumpkin (contest) [link] for the Capture your Pumpkin contest [link] and it was kicked out because apparently the moderator of the contest believes I submitted it on November 6th, missing the deadline of November 5th. However, I am completely positive I submitted it on the 5th, and the "Submitted" date under "Details" shows - for me - November 5th. The initial comments I received on the page are also dated the 5th, and I linked it to the contest page in a comment on that page dated the 5th. However, the moderator is claiming that when he accesses the page, everything shows November 6th. A fellow deviant having the same problem as I suggested that the moderator has the incorrect time zone, that is why it it showing as the wrong date (something about metadata...sorry, not as computer savvy). I think this is correct, because I have had friends of mine check the dates, and they also see November 5th. I also sent the moderator a screenshot proving I see November 5th, but I don't think the moderator accepts it as genuine. I have also contacted the help desk, but I don't expect a response until the contest is long over. The moderator refuses to change their time zone temporarily to check if that is the problem, and will only refer us to the help desk. I submitted this problem to the complaints forum, and had a suggestion I submit it to tech. Please, does anyone know of a way to prove (impartially and incontrovertably) that I in fact did submit my picture on November 5th?

Devious Comments

:icon3wyl:
3wyl Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Please refer to this thread if you need help. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
:icona--anthony:
P.S. I am in EST zone, and the moderator claims he is in PST zone, which would mean the times he sees should be 3 hours earlier than mine, not later, and definitely not a day later.
Add a Comment: