Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012

Replies: 2

I have an idea for a single-purpose social networking website. Where should I start?

GingerRain Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have an idea for a single-purpose social networking website. By single-purpose, I mean how deviantART is a website for artists and writers or Livestream is for streaming live events. I'm not looking to make the next Facebook or Twitter.

Anyway, I am an amateur at Javascript, HTML, and CSS in terms of coding, and while I am skilled with Photoshop, I'm not that great at graphic/icon/UI design at all. I certainly don't have the skills to develop and design this website by myself. Aside from that, I don't know where to ask for help. Who should I talk to and get advice from? Maybe even someone to collaborate with.

If you could offer any advice or point me in a direction, that would be great. Thanks!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

avattz Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I would also suggest choosing an MVC framework to make things easier on you (when building the site), but I think you have enough on your plate with what DC4894 suggested (which by the way is required for dynamic websites). Throw in jQuery for awesome effects lol.
DC4894 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
HTML, Javascript, and CSS wouldn't even come close to making any kind social network work. You'll need a server-side processor like PHP or ASP that can dynamically write the HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Do a little Googling.
Add a Comment: