Nokia Lumia 920 or HTC 8x

I need a new phone, and want a smart phone. I'm reaaally curious to the new windows 8-phones, so I want a nokia lumia 820 [link] or HTC 8x [link] .

Some up and downsides with the phones (for me):
Nokia Lumia 920
- Slightly big and heavy (180 g) considering I've got small hands.
- 16 gb storage and support for memory card.
- Interesting camera - possible to switch faces and stuff. Also good at indoor pictures.
- Super fancy wireless charging!!

HTC 8x
- Lighter (130 g) and with a neater design (pillow design, as they've called it, makes it better for smaller hands).
- Comes in a funky fresh greenish yellow (Nokias yellow is only yellow, without the funky fresh)
- Interesting camera (pictures get a purple hue to them)
- Only 16gb storage, without support for memory card
- A little bit cheaper (i think)

You got some inputs or other things I should think about?
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Personally I'd get the Nokia 920 because all Nokia phones I had in the past worked well for me and because c'mon! Wireless charging? That's awesome. On the other hand weight or size of a phone is no problem for me since I'm quite big myself and 16GB storage wouldn'T be enough for me in th efirst place.
Get the HTC. Nokia is probably going bankrupt soon so you'll be left without support for your phone.
I doubt that's going to happen.
No? It's pretty much all but certain at this point.

Stephen Elop is a microsoft Trojan horse who is bringing the company down from the inside. He only thinks about microsoft's benefit, not Nokia's. Nokia's board is full of wimps who don't have the guts to fire the guy - or possibly they're in on the deal, and are getting some personal gain from the butchering of Nokia. Such corruption is very common here in Finland, big business guys make inside deals with each other and very rarely get caught. Everyone knows it, no one talks about it.

Nokia had the leading market position back in 2009. After Elop took control, Nokia's share dropped rapidly to 4%. They're in financial trouble, they're selling off assets - they just sold a bunch of patents to a microsoft-backed patent troll which is using them to attack Android. It's all part of microsoft's plan to attack Android because they can't beat it in fair competition.

Nokia put all its hope in microsoft, and got the same fate that all other companies ever who have trusted in microsoft. Give a little finger and microsoft takes the whole hand and says you owe them a leg for the arm surgery. It's quite brilliant really, in a fiendishly evil sort of way - microsoft gets rid of one serious competitor (Nokia, Symbian) and manages to score a hit against two other competitors (MeeGo and Android).

Nokia is pretty much toast, their stock is falling, they're bleeding money from every orifice. I wouldn't put my trust in that company.

Besides, the new Lumia phones aren't even made by Nokia's own engineers - for "some reason" Elop decided to outsource the design & development to microsoft's guys instead of using the decades of experience of Nokia's own engineering teams. It all just reeks of a guy who's failing on purpose.

So yeah, I can't recommend Nokia these days. 10 years ago I would have - all my phones used to be Nokias. Not anymore.
Oh and did I forgot to mention the lumia phones are horribly poor quality? They apparently break down when you look at them the wrong way. I've heard of guys who've had to get 3 replacements in a month - yes, three. In a month.