Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

What kind of Tablet is best?

:iconhitachiin94:
Hitachiin94 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
I've been wanting a tablet for my computer for ages, but I'm having trouble with figuring out what size I should get.
I'm not one for drawing small things, so I'd prefer to get a bigger one (A4 would be nice) but that's where the money problems come in. I don't have a spare few hundred to spend on this.
My drawing style is more kind of anime-ish, and I know that there is a tablet for anime/manga artists, but it is just way too small.

How do they work with the smallness? Do they come up bigger on your computer screen or what? Can someone please give me advice with this? I'm feeling like a complete noob XD

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum section)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhonguna:
Honguna Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Wacoms (which include Intuos) are the real expensive ones. They work really well but there are always other options.
I've seen a lot of people start off with Wacom Bamboos and have heard they work well.
Cheaper alternatives include Genuis tablets. But really, check out some cheaper ones first.
:iconsock-eating-ninjas:
sock-eating-ninjas Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student General Artist
If you're looking for something larger, I'd suggest an intuos 4
but if you want something small, portable, cheap, and good quality, try a Wacom Bamboo^__^ they're very good!
:iconchaoman:
chaoman Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
I used to use Adesso tablets, which work pretty well. I'm currently in the same boat as you though, I'm looking for a good tablet to replace it as an upgrade.
:iconhitachiin94:
Hitachiin94 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate it!
:iconnaariel:
Naariel Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I got a Wacom Bamboo Pet Tablet and it's my soulmate. It's simple, comfortable and precise.

Only problem, which you can face with almost all Wacoms, is that the connection with the wire and the tablet can be buggy. But other than that it's neat.
:icontajmox:
TaJMoX Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
When using graphics tables, always bigger equals better.
You get better control when the tablet has a larger surface area.

Wacoms are expensive, but a company called Monoprice makes excellent tablets that are low cost!
Check it out: [link]
:icontaka-maple:
taka-maple Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Well
I use a Wacom tablet and I'd suggest any type of Wacom, really.
I've had mind for quite awhile and it's at least 5 years old!
Still works like new!
:iconflashdraco:
flashdraco Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
get a medium sized intos4 if on a tight budget if u can get fin aid for school (college or trade school) take a lil extra out for a intuos5 its well worth it. Larger surface means farther to go to draw in the corners of your screen great for drawing fro the wrist but i like my smallish tablets most of the time.
The medium intuos5 is about the size of a Ipad2 or so so it also depends on desk space stick around that size if u dont like having the keyboard in your lap :-p
:iconf-a-n-t-a:
f-a-n-t-a Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
It mostly depends on your budget and use for it, really.
To be very honest, there isn't much quality beyond the Wacom tablets. There are Cintiqs, which are used by professionals most of the time, but for the sake of your budget and starting off with some good practice, I recommend the Intuos series. Now they have the Intuos 5, and the size mostly depends on how often you'd paint. If you'd be painting and sketching on it for hours per day, you might want to get a larger size so your wrist won't hurt as much, but the size doesn't influence your final product very much. I have a medium one myself which I'm satisfied with, but I've seen great artists using the small one just fine. I haven't felt too much of a difference using my friend's smaller one, either. Also, if you find the Intuos 4, it'll impact your budget a lot less.
Add a Comment: