jquery Galleries / Image Slider

I have been looking for some fancy way to add an image gallery or slideshow to my website, but so far i haven't found what i am looking for.

Basically i want to have something that will switch between images on click , not automatically all the time, and that is not fullscreen (maybe with preview thumbs below the actual bigger image). I don't have enough knowledge of jquery myself to customize a lot, so i would need something that is already really close to what i have in mind.

If anyone of you knows a site where i can look up for such a code or has a link to a special gallery/slideshow that would fit, it would be really appreciated if you share it with me.
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
[link]
[link]

I've used these in the past.
I know this is a bit late, but the slider I use is called Sexy Slider and you can buy it here: [link]

It is super simple to use and it is highly customizable. I use it on most of my web projects. Hope this helps.
Still had no time to work with sliders, so it's not too late yet. Will take a look at it, but i think i will start with a free one until i am sure what i am doing and what i want.

It's good to get feedback for sliders you have to pay for though. Makes it easier to decide for what you want to spent money. Thank you!
Hey Ginkgografix. A while ago I wrote a blog article on some awesome Jquery sliders you can check it out here [link]

Hope it helps. :)
Thanks! I used it to :)
No problem BDStudio! :)
Here a nice tip in return: [link]
CSS3 buttons :D I am totally happy with this new technology!
BDStudio, that is awesome! Is that your site? Thanks for the link ;)
Haha, no that is not my site :)
www.bdstudio.nl that is my website, on the upper right I used a few of those icons from that website, amazing technique!
Awesome, will take a look at it. Thank you!
Only a pleasure Ginkgografix! :)
You Could Google - jQuery Gallery

Or Check Out This Site

The Tutorial Lounge
[link]

Hop It Helps
Already tried google before i added this thread :nod:

Thank you!
can any of these b used in dA journal?
No, only CSS and HTML.
ok ty very much
I absolutely LOVE www.wowslider.com! You don't need to know jquery to use it. It has a nice admin panel where you can customize your options.
That sounds good :B
Will take a look at that. Thank you!
For my portfolio-in-progress ([link]), I coded a slider using the JQuery Cycle Plugin: [link] I'm changing it now because I don't like how it looks anymore, but you can link the images and use the FancyBox plugin to enlarge them when clicked, etc. :nod: It's a nice framework for customizing your own slider! :D

I love JQuery, so if you have questions, I'd be happy to help! :hug: Hope this helps!
and a third time :slow:
I like a few of the effect on that site you linked to :plotting:
oh and btw i like the colors of your portfolio!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :D
And no problem about the link and all! :hug: Hope you figured it out!