How to hack my own password?

I know this sounds fishy, but whatever, I'd appreciate any help.

I've forgotten my school password because they make us change it every few weeks and I've been on holiday for a while now. There's nothing sensitive on there, I usually pick a simple word like 'lamp' or something and it would be helpful to be able to sign on remotely to get an essay, otherwise I'll have to type out pages and pages again.

There's no way to reset the password without being back at school and the technicians are on holiday too, essay due first day back - any ideas?
Comments11
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, You can save the passwords which help in automatically populating the respective fields with the usernames and passwords that you have stored. However there are times when you need to know the password which you have saved in browser’s memory and forgot...
Do you have the computer? If you just need something from the harddrive you can take it out and plug it in to another computer.
unfortunately there isnt a straight forward answer.

if the server is running mySQL database software and is accessible publicaly on the internet [cant see intranets being accesble but have never used them before],try SQL injection.
make sure to VPN and proxy chain first [to hide identity],access depends on which version of mySQL is being used.
-some people use other exploits and vulnerabilities through software such as apache, and manage to root the server for their own wants/needs.
-even if were able to carry out either of these,woud not recommend it because its highly illegal to do so without permision and coud get expelled from school if they found out.

a good windows program for showing secret/stored/hidden passwords is cain and abel,woud recommend giving this one a try to see if it comes up with any.

the other alternative is good old fashioned brute force; the ancient but rock solid brutus is one of the best in this area.

what about phoning/emailing the school and telling them about this,as they may give allowances for being handed in later,whilst the password is sorted out at school?
Yeah, I guessed there might be a way to exploit the server, but, like you say, it's probably not the best idea..

I might ask for an extension as a last resort, they would understand, but I'd rather type it up/have the document now and not be stressed by deadlines when I'm back. Is there a way I can quickly copy and paste simple words to the password box? I've used things like pool, loop, cycle, chain, tree in the past because they force us to change it so often, there's no point using an actual password. Could work in my favour now because I know it is just a simple word?
Aha, breakthrough - I've found a different link that goes to the same page and that has my old password saved as black circles. I logged in and it said 'password expired, choose new one' and gave me the option to change it, but I have to type in my old password. Am I right in thinking Cain and Abel can decode that? I've installed it, not sure what to do now
im sure you can find a program that could read stored passwords on the system.
Something like LSA Secrets would work for XP.
On my system? I don't have access to the school computers, it would be easy to reset if I did. I do have an old password 'remembered' on my laptop but it doesn't work.
Yes, on your system.
Start guessing.

If you used a personal email account when you signed up, then check to see if you got a confirmation email with the password in it.
Ahh, cheers for the response. I've been through my usual passwords and I felt sure I'd remembered the right one, but I guess not. School emails get sent to that account, unfortunately. It's no big deal, I'll type it out, really happy I printed out a hard copy!