Share your comics/ Manga!

Hey I'm thinking about starting a webcomic and I'm interested to see what's going up with DA in that area as well as looking for a little inspiration. 

So share THE FIRST PAGE of your comic with a QUICK SUMMARY OF THE PLOT.

I'd also like to know if you have/ how you build your fanbase/ follower group for your comic. (Basically how do you promote yourself?)

Of course I'll be liking and following one's I like. Bonus points for anything with vampires or demons in it. I also tend to like more Manga/ anime looking things over more american looking comics. 

Happy posting! 
Comments57
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So this is a mini comic series I just started this week actually. The Mini comic is just a bunch of random stories that revolve around the lives of Charlotte and Sebastian, two vampire lovers. This comic pokes fun at relationships, as well as the troubles of being a bloodsucker. The mini comic is here to develop a following, hopefully, until I start the real comic. The main plot will focus on Charlotte's transformation, and how she and Sebastian met, as well as the problems that come with becoming a vampire. From Vampire hunters, to revenge, the comic will have humor but also drama.

So I present "Love Bites"

Love Bites: 001: Wake Up Call by Soccer20Star  
from your synopsis this sounds super cool!
and after reading the first page I have to say I love it!
I really dig your art style and the humor used.
That is wonderful! I've decided to really just jump into this project, and no one seems interested yet, so this is really encouraging! Thank you!
well that's awesome! I'm glad I could say something encouraging! but yeah it looks really cool and I cant wait to see where it's going and the development! keep up the awesome work! 
Hello ^^ I'm currently working on Persona 3: The Awakening, a fan manga series.
Summary: P3A is a continuation of the original Persona 3's story, and follows the protagonist's journey to uncover the mystery behind his identical appearance to the protagonist from the original game. He does this while teaming up with the game's main cast and six other newcomers to prevent an incoming disaster known as the Fall.
Persona 3: The Awakening Chapter 1 page 2 by HayateTsujimoto
P3A can be read here or on Tapastic (both links are in my signature). As for building a fan base/promoting myself, I don't really have a large following, but I usually just post to my Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook groups, which usually gets at least 1 new reader. 
you've done some really nice work here, thanks for sharing! 
Thank you, and thanks for checking it out ^^
Hey!
My first manga series "Nightshade" came out last year, started as a webcomic and became my job in the end!!
It's a shonen mystery thriller where an anonymous hacker is controlling the people in a city, and they killed the protagonist's grandfather, who's then motivated to find out why and identify who "Nightshade" is!

Here's the first page:
Nightshade Chapter 1: Page 1 by Hannarrawr  

I promote mostly online and then do conventions (which are hugely valuable experience, very fun and rewarding) - I have biz cards, leaflets etc, had cosplayers for one of the conventions I did - in general just be as creative as possible with what you have and good luck!!

BTW, you can read all of Nightshade on www.nightshade-manga.com or on Tapastic or LINEWebtoon
Have a mini comedy series called "If I met" too, which you might like, as it has to do with being a comic/manga artist and your characters coming to life! ;) 

If I met: Kai by Hannarrawr  
cool both of these look really interesting! 
Thanks! All the best with your own comic! :)
Thanks!
Also I'm on page 17of nightshade and it's really good!
Ooh awesome! So glad you're enjoying it!! :happybounce: 
page 1 - Trouble - Suzumega Medabot by AltairSky
"Suzumega Medabot" is a webcomic that takes place in the medabot universe, so it's a completely new story, with new characters but the old characters we know from the show are still there, with the difference that they're not the main characters anymore, and we look at them from a different point of view.

The comic world is canon to the show and GBA game, there are not OOC events like shipping of canon characters and similar, and the comic focus is to be loyal to the spirit of the show.
We tried to stay as much loyal as possible to the show, with a few exceptions.
In fact, I wanted to refresh what I already saw in the show by making the world more realistic and less whaky, for this reason, a few characters like Mr Referee might be a little different.
In this comic, I put a lot of effort to make things more technical and realistic, and as plausible as possible according to the current technology and theories.
The fights are more realistically brutal and mature than the fights in the show so expect some robot violence here and there.
so I know I could probably just google this, but what is the Medabot univers ( show/ game)?
it's a show and a game that is kind of like pokemon but with robots instead (and the game is definitely better). You can find a few episodes on youtube if you are interested.
oooh interesting. I'm gonna go youtube that. 
Tamale VS Varia (Full Color) by Eterna1Sound
Summary: Tamale wanders the forest to hunt down Cretin (monsters of this world) after suffering a serious injury in a previous fight with a group of assassins. An Eagle named Varia tracks her down in hopes of her friend Ruby, accompanying her. He seeks to obtain Ruby's power after many failed attempts sending his assassins to do the work and take the source of her power. Angered that Varia wants to harm Ruby, she attacks him without a second thought.

I have no tips for gaining a following as I don't have many watchers/followers myself. I just get lucky sometimes.
cool thanks for sharing! 
Concerning Rosamond Grey Page 1 by thexenops
Synopsis:
In the late 19th century, little Rosamond Grey snuck into the woods one night, and was found unconsciousness the next day.  For years afterwards she suffers from seizures from an unknown ailment. Dr. Glass is loosing hope for her cure, until a strange foreigner hints of a different cause…

I essentially post my comics in groups, and engage in meaningful conversation on the forums. I also try to comment on other peoples' works. 

And yes, the art improves later on. Sweating a little... 
cool.
I've read up to page 3 and I have to say this is pretty interesting so far, really good opening pages.