Pictures I never scanned. Please comment and critique for a fave.

Here's some artwork I did earlier that I was finally able to scan in the computer and post to my sta.sh. I'd like some very specific critiques and comments. If you do, I'd like to give a fave to anyone who gives me either. 

Also, I know you may not see them. I'll shade, refine, and color them in Photoshop up at some point so we can call these WIPs. Thanks.
Scan 15 by KombatMaster94  Scan 24 by KombatMaster94 Scan 25 by KombatMaster94   Scan 23 by KombatMaster94  Scan 26 by KombatMaster94 Scan 20 by KombatMaster94  Scan 21 by KombatMaster94    Scan 29 by KombatMaster94  Scan 31 by KombatMaster94  Scan 30 by KombatMaster94  Scan 33 by KombatMaster94  Scan 34 by KombatMaster94  Scan 18 by KombatMaster94  Scan 17 by KombatMaster94  
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You octopus is really standout. somehow your homo sapien anatomy is not strong. maybe try use reference or your own photo as prototype. it can help.
Some of these look great, especially the octopus, but for most of your characters, I think you should improve on your anatomy skills. To me, this is one of the most important things to do in your drawing process : ask yourself "Is that pose okay ? What's wrong with his legs/arms ? " etc... Quick sketches are the best to start a drawing, because you see immediately if something's wrong.
Hope it helps :D
Hi, I'm sorry I was late to say this but which ones besides the octopus looked great?
Well the dog (or wolf or whatever it is) and the monkey in the third pic look quite cool ^^
Thanks. What else can you say? Like what do you think about my expressions and cartoony characters? And how were those two guys and Ed were looking at someone punching through a guy?
I commented on one in particular but I agree with Akyura44 right down to the octopus.
The octopus is cute :dummy: 
You and SolarLunix think my octopus is cute? Thank yoooooouuuuuuLa la la la 
You need to work way more on the anatomy, mainly proportions. You already have a base but still. You obviously can deformate and stylize, but you need knowledge of anatomy for that :nod: I suggest sketching simple figures, to practice proportions and whatnot, and then also applying the cartoon concepts to them. 

Observe people, the way they move. Watch the hell out of cartoons and animation, see how the movements work; your poses are good, but they look rather stiff. 

I really like that octopus tho :la:
Thanks. :)

Would you like to me to fave some of your work? And what else can I do about anatomy than proportions?
Aside from the proportions, and anatomy in general, of course, you will need to understand better perspectives. It's a little hard at times, but it kind of comes naturally with more knowledge of anatomy :nod: Also, start shading and working on contrast; it sets the mood.
I've actually been shading for some time with different tones of color. I know about contrast.