Show me your style!

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for inspiration. I've been trying different painting and drawing styles in the last few months but so far I haven't found my 'voice' yet and what I really like to draw. 

Let me see your artwork and tell me why you like that style more than others :) 

Hamtaro Mouse Emoji-06 (Kawaii Dance) [V1] 
Comments330
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't know if you'd call it a style, but here's how I draw stuff:
Autumn Faun by AnthonyJamesRich  Daydream by AnthonyJamesRich  Portrait No. 9 by AnthonyJamesRich

Remy Sketch Page (OC Design Work) by Sabr-Tooth   Chapel Sketch by Sabr-Tooth   Untitled by Sabr-Tooth   Unicorn Sketch by Sabr-Tooth
I've been struggling with a mix of manga-y style and semi-realism. I'm trying to go more towards semi-realism.
Im fine. by Stephiekun Snow Bunny Wynn ( COMMISSION) by Stephiekun Battle gloves on! by Stephiekun Reena the witch by Stephiekun flame princess-queen adventure time by Stephiekun  i always struggle with this mix of anime or semi realism im starting to do more semi realism stuff though xxx

Mature Content

Vortex Rikers, Unreal by KeeNahMee

Mature Content

Desicive by KeeNahMee

i try to get to realistic style. Because... i guess i want ti draw smth imaginary, but looking realistic! To make dreams come true in a way
Relics of the Old Republic by Varjopihlaja  This is my quick style, I use it when I have no time for my usual
"My XBOX Warrior"
My  X B O X  Warrior by AliWithAnEye
I spent so so many years trying to define my own style and spent many trying to copy or mesh together other people's styles. It wasn't really until I stopped trying to compare my work to others and just painted the things I LOVED that I really found my style :)
\
Flower Fox Love by Sheltie2b Flower Wolf by Sheltie2b Flower Elephant by Sheltie2b Tiger Flowers by Sheltie2b Black Wolf Feathers by Sheltie2b
Mosca Chilensis by djyerba
I like this style cause i love cartoons. they may look simple but requires a lot of hard work to make them look cool, and i hope i succeed in that department ;)
This is one I've just figured out, I like it because it looks slick.

Swordguy by element1988
Seasonal Greetings 2014 by operaghost  This Way by operaghost  I like sketchy styles  and I like darker colours. Suits me, i suppose. 
George and Fred by scribblerian
Here is my latest.  My style is almost realistic, but not quite there.  I feel like it is unique.  I think my laziness keeps it amateur looking whilst still allowing a "real person" sort of look.
I've become quite fond of it.  I love that I can show a character the way I've always imagined whilst still being loose and not fully realistic.
I think you should try to develop your own style. I have tried to follow various styles, but it seems like I can't escape mine, and I realise how lucky I am to have my own art style.
I would say it's an manga-cartoon style:

[CE] Sunset Battle by rainbow000pegasus EQG: Like a Phoenix by rainbow000pegasus

If you'd like, try using different medias and see what applies best for you!
Best of luck!
hiii.. allow me to share my newest painting.. not that much but i like it and kinda satisfied with it..
i tried to draw this in ukiyo-e style, though i can't resist the temptation to draw the shades.. XD
hope you like it~ :heart:

Agata by reef-meizer
Feeling Hollow by OfficialMitchMcgowan SeeU by OfficialMitchMcgowan #LoveWins by OfficialMitchMcgowan  Tho there's some similarities my style changes with the wind. I find just experimenting is funner than having a single style :)
Sexy y atltico by PATOJOX This is the latest I've done. What I wanted was a smooth, light touch on the light and proportions that will give three dimensional effect. With regard to water, I think I could have done better but I will improve my technique further. I hope you like it.
My style is doodley.
Mr. Square Issue 357 by RevFitz Mr. Square Issue 347 by RevFitz Mr. Square Issue 352 by RevFitz
Mis Craneos by PHangman
Es solo charla by PHangman
algebra 1 by PHangman
Ninos by PHangman
mine is floating and curves and etc :P i'm always drawing this lil' useless curves, then i try to make something out of them (so it's a highly unstable drawing method). i'm no good at expressing something coherent or even tangible, so i just leave the damn drawing flow out of the hand, or someth'n. i got to admit that the colours i use are just to make the damn thing a bit more attractive, but that's pretty much it.
what am i emulating? mainly cartoons, surreal, graffiti. whatever comes out really.
also here's a drawing of that lil' dancing cutie you got right there, sorry xd
dull drawing of a hamster or The Japanese Problem by PHangman